Waiting for phone calls

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
For days Pauline has spent hours just gazing out of the window in silence then yesterday she phoned two of her three sons and left messages (a bit garbled but understandable) but calls haven’t been returned nor of course visits made. She asks me over and over, “ why doesn’t anyone phone me?” And thinks the virus may have got them. So bloody sad cruel and soul destroying and there is nothing I can say or do to help as I know it is me they have fallen out with but her they are punishing.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Oh Agzy, families can be really pathetic sometimes.
I have been lucky that I don't really have "invisibles" in my family, but certain members don't want to "dwell" on things, which basically means not talking about anything in front of them. We really don't need it.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
So sorry Pauline has such nasty horrible sons. Whatever their relationship with you it's clear they don't care much about their mother.

I didn't like my mum much - we were never close. But when she became ill with dementia I did everything as though I loved her dearly. Because that was the right thing to do and I couldn't have lived with myself afterwards if I had done any less. (So I suppose I did care really!)

But this sort of behaviour is so hard to handle for you. Maybe it would be best to let Pauline think that Covid DID get them.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Oh Agzy, families can be really pathetic sometimes.
I have been lucky that I don't really have "invisibles" in my family, but certain members don't want to "dwell" on things, which basically means not talking about anything in front of them. We really don't need it.
?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
So sorry Pauline has such nasty horrible sons. Whatever their relationship with you it's clear they don't care much about their mother.

I didn't like my mum much - we were never close. But when she became ill with dementia I did everything as though I loved her dearly. Because that was the right thing to do and I couldn't have lived with myself afterwards if I had done any less. (So I suppose I did care really!)

But this sort of behaviour is so hard to handle for you. Maybe it would be best to let Pauline think that Covid DID get them.
?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I’d get the sack if I said what I really think about the behaviour of some family members on here (including my own!). Pauline is lucky to have you on her side.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I really don’t understand Some families either (Including mine). It is a shame, and that is putting it mildly, that it is Pauline who is even more confused and upset by it.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
That is so hard @Agzy. Anyway you can email at least one of the sons and let them know how upset their mother is? These are the men that thought they knew best about Pauline's care, so they ought at least make some effort.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
That is so hard @Agzy. Anyway you can email at least one of the sons and let them know how upset their mother is? These are the men that thought they knew best about Pauline's care, so they ought at least make some effort.
Possibly being cruel but I cannot lower myself to contact them and most certainly don’t want them in the house with me but, having said that, they have the perfect excuse now as we have new stricter Covid lockdown rules and no visitors