Waited 6 weeks

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
For a Distrist nurse to come and refer Edna to be assesed for incontinance.
Fed up of waiting I called in her Doctors to be told we have no record of it WHY the sw has phoned 4 times. I had a moan and told them its urgent as she is double incontinant. sucess they came out today, brought some different types of pads for her to try and referred her, to my suprise she behaved when they came, my dad took them upstairs to show them the bed etc, as he opened the wardrobe door to get someting, a dirty pad fell out as Edna puts them everywhere to hide them LOL it just showed them we was telling the truth. the nurse was very young and didn't know what to say, it was obvious she hadn't had much experiance and couldn't wait to get out of the house, but a least she has now been referred to the incontiance nurse at last. we will see how long it takes for them to come

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Well at least it seems Edna made her point to the District Nurse! I hope you get the help you need soon. Keep battling.

Clive

Nov 7, 2004
Hi Heartbroken.

Keep battling on.

Just want to say that something similar happened to me, so please don’t think it is anything to do with the way you have asked for help. You are just being frustrated by a chaotic NHS.

Mum had been referred to the special AD Clinic about two years before the incontinence issue arose.

I told the Clinic Doctor that mum was double incontinent and needed help. She said I had to ask mum’s GP.

The GP said I had to ask the Clinic doctor as he had passed mum’s care to the Clinic Doctor.

I went back to the Clinic Doctor. The Clinic Doctor then wrote to mum's GP instructing the GP to arrange for the Incontinence Nurse to visit mum.

The GP’s surgery does not have an Incontinency Nurse, so the GP arranged for one to visit mum from a Clinic on the other side of town.

As nothing happened I had to ring the Clinic on the other side of town several times asking when the nurse would call as I wanted to be there as mum has AD. Usually I had to leave a message as the Nurse was either out, ill or on leave.

Eventually, after about six months, I got to speak to the Incontinence Nurse who said “I have called on your mum. She said she was not incontinent, got abusive with me, and told me to leave. There is nothing more I can do”.

So I had to start again.

Don’t be disheartened by what I have written.

Just take it as confirmation that it is not you that is doing anything wrong. It is just the system we have to battle.

Best wishes

Clive

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
Thanks Sue and Clive
I did think I should have chased it up earlier but I did wonder if they had been/phoned before as she would hve done the same as your mum clive sent her packing, saying nothing was wrong.
when they had gone she asked dad to take the pads away as someone might come and see them, he did after a while she went up stairs on her own, soon dad went up to see what she had been up to and the pads was all out I did tell him its a good sign her looking at them she might put one on.