Voting

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
Hi all

When someone has Alzheimer's and are not interested in voting anymore do they still have to register to vote and receive voting cards? If not what is the procedure to advise someone is ill and won't want to vote anymore?

Reds

Pegsdaughter

Oct 7, 2014
London
There is a benefit on being on the electoral register in that it improves your credit rating.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

brambles

Sep 22, 2014
NW England
I thought the reason you got a reduction in council tax for mental impairment was because you were not able to make an informed decision and therefore unable to vote.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I thought the reason you got a reduction in council tax for mental impairment was because you were not able to make an informed decision and therefore unable to vote.

Yes brambles, it does seem stupid doesnt it
Just because you are on the electoral register it doesnt mean that you have to vote. Reds, if they doent want to/cant vote anymore you can just ignore the voting cards.

BTW Pegsdaughter, I had to giggle over your reply as I dont think mum is going to worry about her credit rating any more ;)

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
The other important thing about being on the electoral register is that it is used to help check entitlement to benefits such as care assistance, housing benefit - even nursing home applications.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan