Voting

Loisand

Dec 25, 2017
Hi all, I’m wondering if people with dementia are allowed to vote, mom has had her voting card through, I’m willing to take her to the polling station but I would have to do the cross, is this allowed?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi all, I’m wondering if people with dementia are allowed to vote, mom has had her voting card through, I’m willing to take her to the polling station but I would have to do the cross, is this allowed?
Yes they are but she would need to do the mark.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Good luck - I gave up on that one years ago & got postal votes sorted out but as Dads in CH that’s gone by the by!

Loisand

Dec 25, 2017
Good luck - I gave up on that one years ago & got postal votes sorted out but as Dads in CH that’s gone by the by!
Bless, if I had thought of postal votes earlier I certainly would have gone down that route, but my mind has been on other things not the vote, thank you x

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Bless, if I had thought of postal votes earlier I certainly would have gone down that route, but my mind has been on other things not the vote, thank you x
Mind you I’m still waiting to collar any of the canvassers to ask them about their policies on dementia care?? I’m denied the pleasure of seeing that panic look of oh my we’ve got a right one here!

ITBookworm

Oct 26, 2011
Glasgow
Thank you for the reply, I can get mom to do the mark with my help, thank you x
I don't think that you are actually allowed in to the voting booth with Mum. The staff can help but I don't think that you can. Is there a phone number on the voting card where you can phone to check?

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
No one can go into the booth with the
Voter according to the Gov. site I checked out.
I was looking up about dementia & voting!
I really need to get out more!!!

Loisand

Dec 25, 2017
Mind you I’m still waiting to collar any of the canvassers to ask them about their policies on dementia care?? I’m denied the pleasure of seeing that panic look of oh my we’ve got a right one here!
Ha and me, haven't seen any canvassers at moms x

Loisand

Dec 25, 2017
I don't think that you are actually allowed in to the voting booth with Mum. The staff can help but I don't think that you can. Is there a phone number on the voting card where you can phone to check?
Yes there is a phone number, will ring it later and ask, seems a bit of a palava, but every vote counts , thank you x

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Mum moved into her care home in May and I had her post re-directed. The sight of the voting card for her old flat made me enquire in the care home about registering residents to vote. They said it was up to the families so I've done that. Mum was a very political animal, union rep and party activist and discussing politics was one of the few areas where she was still pretty informed up to about a year ago. I don't think she knows there is an election on but I'll ask her if she wants to vote when I go to see her today. Not that the party she votes for has a chance round here.