Vomitting

smiles

Dec 6, 2007
Wiltshire
Hi
3am, the tears have stopped and I need some advise. David has started to be sick straight after eating. He gets up to go to bed after supper but as soon as he goes to the bathroom to clean his teath whosh -totally unexpected for him and he has no feeling of sickness beforehand. Has anyone experienced this? It may be the overeating but the last time I found out was in the morning. David meantimes, ever the gentleman, is still hiding his symptoms behind his mask of good humour, cleaning or trying to clean up after himself and won't tell me if this is happening while I am at work. Perhapes someone has some suggestions on how to regulate his food intake, I dont want to deny him pleasure but am so concerned and hate seeing his look of surprise each time he is sick. He really seems to be losing all coprehension so fast.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Is he drinking enough water as dehydration can be one of many course of sickens

they done loads of test to why mum was being sick then a urine test rule out infection and they found out she was dehydrated as I did not release she was forgetting to drink enough water .

He really seems to be losing all coprehension so fast.

Now am no doctor am not saying its dehydration, but I found that my mother was also more confused coprehension worse when she being sick, and was told dehydration can make you more confused .

Last edited:

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hi Smiles,

We had a problem with my gran being sick a lot after meals - she didn't have dementia but had other health problems.

As far as we could find out there was nothing wrong with her but it had become a pyschological block - everytime she ate (certain foods more than others - rice was guaranteed to do it) she was sick afterwards.

She had no feeling of queasiness she would just vomit.

Of course I'm not assuming this is what it is - have you asked your doctor?

Have you noticed any patterns of David being sick after certain foods? I'm thinking of IBS or other related illnesses? Is he on any medication? I know certain anti depressents can cause vomiting but I think you usually get queasiness with it.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hi Smiles

As an experiment, could you get David to try once or twice cleaning his mouth by using dental floss & a mouthwash, and NOT brushing.
If his gag reflex has become a bit sensitive, the fine spray generated by brushing may be hitting the back of his throat, causing him to retch. Just a thought.

Best wishes

smiles

Dec 6, 2007
Wiltshire
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm still getting used to no meaning yes,so this morning as he will no longer drink hot drinks - I think he trys to drink them when they are too hot- I poured juice for him despite him saying he didn't want any. When he came in for his breakfast he saw the juice and immediately asked if it was for him then drank it. I will make sure that I give him a cold drink at regular intervals.

I am also keeping a diary of when I know he has been sick and what he ate before being sick. If it continues next week I will go and see our doctor.

This is a continuous learning curve, but i'm trying to do my best.

Mary11

Nov 25, 2007
Hi Smiles.

Yes, dehydration can cause lots of things including confusion.

Glad your going to take David to the Dr's if the vomitting continues...not everthing physical and mental should be automatically attributed to AZ.

Best wishes
Mary

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Afterthought ...

Still on the brushing teeth subject, perhaps his coordination is getting a bit shakey, so that he is touching the roof of his mouth or the back of his throat with the actual brush. Could you replace the brush with one of those with a small head if you think this may be the case?

Attachments

• Long Arm Hug.gif
    Long Arm Hug.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 212