1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Voice Recognition Software

Discussion in 'Equipment and technology' started by Sammyjo1, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Sammyjo1

Sammyjo1 Registered User

Jul 8, 2014
    My OH who has ALZ is struggling with using his keyboard and we are looking into getting some voice recognition software.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of using such software and, if so, what software is recommended?

2. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Terry Pratchett used Dragon Voice Recognition software if thats any help

3. Sammyjo1

Sammyjo1 Registered User

Jul 8, 2014
    Thanks Sarah. That's great to know - I found an article talking about his using software but it didn't specify which one. Dragon has come up in my searches so I will research it further.

4. angelface

angelface Registered User

Oct 8, 2011
    london
    Friend of mine uses Dragon,as her hands won't work. She says it is more user friendly thsn she expected.

5. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester