Voice from the other side......

narfloon

Apr 28, 2007
Hamshire
My mum died Dec 31 this year after surffering with az for 5 years. For the last 2 of those years, she lost the ability to speak. My dad has moved house and when he was packing he came accross a taped session mum had had with a medium. I listened to the tape and it was the first time in 2 years I had heard her voice. It was great! The ironic thing was, the medium had told her she was going to have a long life, and live until at least 80 (she was 69 when she died), and she would have full mental capacity until the end of her life! How is that for irony?!

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
narfloon said:
My mum died Dec 31 this year after surffering with az for 5 years. For the last 2 of those years, she lost the ability to speak. My dad has moved house and when he was packing he came accross a taped session mum had had with a medium. I listened to the tape and it was the first time in 2 years I had heard her voice. It was great! The ironic thing was, the medium had told her she was going to have a long life, and live until at least 80 (she was 69 when she died), and she would have full mental capacity until the end of her life! How is that for irony?!

It is very ironic. However, hopefully it made her happy to hear that. If this medium had really had 'the gift' and told her what was going to happen it would have just caused her a great deal of unhappiness.

I have a cassette tape of my dad with my son, when my son was very little. They were talking and singing nursery rhymes and my dad was being extremely loving and patient, not a side of him that many people ever saw.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I wish I had taped my mother singing some of her favourite songs, a few months before she died.

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Just read this post, it reminded me, we have video tapes of mum on holiday with us in Florida about 15 years ago, I will dig them out and enjoy some memories from happier times.

Thank you triggering this thought.

Cate

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95