visual help

claire82

Nov 23, 2004
portsmouth
I am currently doing a project on Alzheimer's for my final year of my degree in Illustration, I am looking to produce something visual that may in some way help those suffering from Alzheimer's, or even their carers. What I was wanting to know is the sorts of things that are already available and any ideas that you may have about the sorts of things you would like to see. This would help me to produce something that would be apprecaiated and maybe of help to those in the future who are affected by the disease.

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Claire,

you may want to use the Search button at the top of the page and search for 'colour' and 'picture' as you may find the content of some previous threads useful. Colours seem have a profound effect on Alzheimer's for example, black lines can sometimes be seen as holes. If you read these threads you may find out more about the colours to use for your illustration.

Also try searching on google 'colors Alzheimer's' and you will come across some research links...

hope that helps
Craig

Chris

May 20, 2003
Hello Claire

This may not be sort of thing you had in mind but - finding the toilet can be a problem sometimes & if it is - and accident s occur this is sometimes interpreted as incontinence when in fact it is simply due to not finding the right room.

Ther are special signs available - these are very large black & white drawings of an old style lavatory . for some these work well but not everyone - maybe a more modern version or something different is required - personally I hate the contemporary signs - always fearful of going in th ewrong one !!! I rarely wear a dress these days !!!

good luck

Chris

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix