Visiting Profiles

Joe_90

Mar 25, 2009
Newcastle
Incidentally much as I would like to be "staff" and therefore paid, I am what I say I am: "unpaid volunteer". Katherinew is the only paid staffer regularly posting. If people start saying I'm staff and paid I'm going to to be audited by the IRS :eek: and there's nothing as scary as that.

sorry i don't get this? and you still have not answered my question thanks

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
OK - this is truly weird - I can still find those posts but not via Connie's link.

I don't know how this software works but it's possible that you have to do the steps. In which case, click on your name from your post and then choose "FInd all posts by Joe_90" - that should work.

It seems that each person that tries it gets a different link address - who knew?

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Paid nothing but an invaluable contributor on our TP Forum both as a mod and as a human being with kindness and understanding of people in need.

xxTinaT

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
must be a mod priveledge to see them, i urge all other ordinary non staff members to try the link jenniferpa gave to see if its just me or my pc playing up

It was the "non-staff" bit I was referring to - I'm non-staff (although a mod).

Joe_90

Mar 25, 2009
Newcastle
ok sorry - i always refer to mods/admin as forum staff because they do do a job, infact most forums do, whether paid or not, no worries I see what you mean now.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Ah I see - also no worries: we DO distinguish because our "head mod" if you like (Katherinew) and the people who maintain the board like Said are actually employees of the society.

Have you tried that link and does it work?

Joe_90

Mar 25, 2009
Newcastle
no sorry i have not tried the link again and apologies again for being a relevant newbie, i do not know of the other members that you said

edit still checked the link again - no joy - still waiting for other members comments if it works for them or not

Last edited:

Joe_90

Mar 25, 2009
Newcastle
lol just to confuse you i was on about katherine, i thought you said that was her name - i need to read things more clearly sorry, is siad a name?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Ok - I'll report this as a bug. In the meantime - you can find your own posts as I detailed above or you can use "search" select advanced search and don't put anything in the "search by keyword" box but put your user name in the "search by user name"

As I said I'll report this although it's possible it's supposed to work like this - most people would either go to their profile and choose their posts or search. As a matter of interest - how did you attempt to find your posts which led you to believe they were gone?

Joe_90

Mar 25, 2009
Newcastle
thanks for reporting any bugs, i am stillmissing passed post that i get an error message on etc, thanks for your help

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
KatherineW is Katherine Watt - mod/admin in chief. Said is Said - I believe his title is "New Media Manager" and he has the thankless task (along with his cohorts) of provide the technical support for the forum.

Joe_90

Mar 25, 2009
Newcastle
lol ok just like this thread suggests i need to do some snooping at profiles to see who is who etc, sorry for any misconvenience/mis-interpretation caused - thats why we are newbies!!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Argh - banging head on desk. I've reported it. Try logging out and trying it again. Anyone else willing to participate in this peculiar experiment? And (I'm sure you have but just want to check) have you tried clicking on your name etc? And does that work?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
The water gets murkier. I have some good and not so good news for you. You should be able to see the posts you made today via that last link I posted or via your profile - if you can't I am flumoxed. However, on further researching the situation I find that the previous 9 posts that you made prior to today were all made to one thread and that thread has subsequently been removed as it contravened out T & Cs and that's why you can't see those. So a combination of circumstances I think. There is still a potential bug or at the very least an anomaly since neither Connie nor I could see the data via the link the other had posted and I don't "think" thats right.

Edited to add - I see you are reporting a complete lack of success - the web team will have to look into it.

Last edited: