Visiting mum

Luan p

Mar 27, 2020
Hi all
My mum lives on her own she has Alzheimer’s early to mid stage
I am the only person she sees I used to take her to Tesco twice a week and pop in for a coffee or bring her to mine for a coffee she can’t really walk well so now with covid she is housebound but is it ok for me to visit if I keep my distance a ? I just can’t leave her on her own for months it will accelerate her illness ?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @Luan p
A warm welcome to DTP
It's a difficult time for all and I think you have to weigh up the situation yourself... which you seem to have done
'unofficial' carer visits are not against restrictions... as you say, take all precautions you can... would she be OK without a daily visit, maybe every other day

Rencat

Nov 15, 2018
Hello @Luan p
A warm welcome to DTP
It's a difficult time for all and I think you have to weigh up the situation yourself... which you seem to have done
'unofficial' carer visits are not against restrictions... as you say, take all precautions you can... would she be OK without a daily visit, maybe every other day

Rencat

Nov 15, 2018
I’m totally in agreement, I would still go round keeping to the 2 metre social distancing rule to protect her and yourself, it could be even more confusing and upsetting for her if you stopped going around, it wouldn’t only be the same as a paid carer going round

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @JohnDD .

I’m glad you’ve found the forum - you’ll get lots of help and support here.