Visiting Care /Nursing Homes

bagee

Jun 2, 2015
Hi
Does anyone have any information on when we will be allowed in care homes again? (in ppe of course.) Had a visit at social distance with mum today, she had no recognition of me at all. I so wanted to just give her a gentle cuddle, it even crossed my mind to take her away with me. PPE on it makes it difficult but saftey comes first I know but touch is comforting for both. It will be hard to cope with one visit a week for a period of 15 minutes. Did I dream it was suggested that family members could be treated as essential staff to get in? Any feedback would be great thank you in advance.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I am also wondering this. At the moment I can visit my mum for half an hour sat in a gazebo in the garden. So far I've been twice and have another booked next week. Only two family members are allowed in a bubble situation so my brother has been excluded from visiting as me and my sister have already been.

The home is one of 11 in the not for profit group and as all their homes have been covid free for several weeks, I don't think they will risk changing the arrangements soon.

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
I am also wondering this. At the moment I can visit my mum for half an hour sat in a gazebo in the garden. So far I've been twice and have another booked next week. Only two family members are allowed in a bubble situation so my brother has been excluded from visiting as me and my sister have already been.

The home is one of 11 in the not for profit group and as all their homes have been covid free for several weeks, I don't think they will risk changing the arrangements soon.
I have not had the opportunity to visit Mum yet. They are saying end of July but only if you have a negative Covid test.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
One of the senior carers at my mum's care-home (privately run) has told me this morning that they are not planning to allow any indoor visits in the near future. Outdoor visits, two metres apart and strictly no physical contact have been in operation for a few weeks. I haven't tried one with mum, as I fear it would trigger the heebie-jeebies. If this is how it's going to be for much longer, I suppose I will have to give it a go eventually.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso