Visiting care homes.

stace92

Oct 28, 2020
Hi, does anybody know the timeline for us getting a key worker status to visit our loved ones. I am really missing my Father and when speak to him via video he gets really upset asking me to see him.

I read about the keyworker status and got some hope however I have heard nothing since. Also my area is in tier 2 and have not heard any update when we will come out of this.
All this Is really impacting my mental health and I can see how much its affecting my Father.

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
Hi @stace92 , welcome to TP.
There are lots of different posts on care home visiting with many people in the same position as you. If you explore the " I care for a person with dementia" thread, and the " health and well being, " then click covid/ corona section of this thread.
It's very frustrating that the government are dragging their heels in giving family members key worker status and testing so safe indoor visits go ahead. I hope as a minimum you are getting window visits to see your father.
There are 2 proactive campaign groups you can join. Both have Facebook pages John's campaign, and Rights For Residents. You can google Rights For Residents ( set up by Jenny Morrison and Diane Mayhew) which will take you to the website where there is lots of information, and template letters you can use to email your MP, Public Health Department etc You can also sign the petition , we need to keep the pressure up so that residents can get the access to support that they so desperately need.
Let me know if you can't find the website for rights for residents.

stace92

Oct 28, 2020
There are lots of different posts on care home visiting with many people in the same position as you. If you explore the " I care for a person with dementia" thread, and the " health and well being, " then click covid/ corona section of this thread.
It's very frustrating that the government are dragging their heels in giving family members key worker status and testing so safe indoor visits go ahead. I hope as a minimum you are getting window visits to see your father.
There are 2 proactive campaign groups you can join. Both have Facebook pages John's campaign, and Rights For Residents. You can google Rights For Residents ( set up by Jenny Morrison and Diane Mayhew) which will take you to the website where there is lots of information, and template letters you can use to email your MP, Public Health Department etc You can also sign the petition , we need to keep the pressure up so that residents can get the access to support that they so desperately need.

Hi Annie, I am getting no visits at all no window visits or anything. thanks for that information I will look into those. I know some homes are allowing visits so this is more frustrating.