Visited Mum - She's OK!!! Yipeeeeee

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
I wrote a long message before but I had computer problems and it wouldn't send.

Saw Mum at 8:20pm tonight. When I went in she opened her eyes, I said hello and knelt at her bed and she smiled at me which made me burst into floods of tears.

Seems she'd had a TIA (Mini Stroke) which I believe is common in the elderly. She chatted away as best she could but I did pick out a few words

She looked a bit pastey and had lost weight, but in her own way I knew she still had all her marbles there.

I am so relieved you wouldn't believe it, though I only had 30 mins with her it was like gold dust, but I still felt aweful having to leave her again, but I told her I'd be back again tomorrow.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, for all your prayers and good wishes. Please pray that she'll make a good recovery from this TIA.

My dear little mum ain't going anywhere for a long time yet.

May God bless you all.

Think I'll sleep tonight.

With very kindest regards

Steve

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Steve, so glad your Mum is OK. Although it was only 30 mins you had with her, it is surely worth more than a million pounds just to hear you have been able to share time together again. You are both in my thoughts, wishing you both well, sleep tight, love She. XX

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Hi Steve

this posting should be in "Highlight of the Day" though for you I know it is a highlight of the last horrible year! It's brilliant news.

Kriss

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I got into bed last night, said my prayers for Mum and the next thing I knew it was 6:20am this morning.

Woke up annoyed again though.

Such is life.

Hopefully I WILL be seeing her again today.

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
Oh and it occurred to me this morning..... how spooky is this....

The allegation was made against me on Friday 3rd September 2004
I came home from the bail hostel on Friday 3rd December 2004
I was able to see mum again on Friday 3rd June 2005

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart