Visited Mum - She's OK!!! Yipeeeeee

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Shakey1961a, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Shakey1961a

Shakey1961a Registered User

Nov 7, 2004
    Southport
    I wrote a long message before but I had computer problems and it wouldn't send.

Saw Mum at 8:20pm tonight. When I went in she opened her eyes, I said hello and knelt at her bed and she smiled at me which made me burst into floods of tears.

Seems she'd had a TIA (Mini Stroke) which I believe is common in the elderly. She chatted away as best she could but I did pick out a few words

She looked a bit pastey and had lost weight, but in her own way I knew she still had all her marbles there.

I am so relieved you wouldn't believe it, though I only had 30 mins with her it was like gold dust, but I still felt aweful having to leave her again, but I told her I'd be back again tomorrow.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, for all your prayers and good wishes. Please pray that she'll make a good recovery from this TIA.

My dear little mum ain't going anywhere for a long time yet.

May God bless you all.

Think I'll sleep tonight.

With very kindest regards

Steve

2. Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
    Southport
    Also on her fluid chart I saw she'd eaten all her meals, had fluids and had wet pads so that proves her kidney's are working.

3. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Steve, so pleased for you. Go and rest now, we will continue with our prayers. Connie

4. Sheila

Sheila Registered User

Oct 23, 2003
    West Sussex
    Dear Steve, so glad your Mum is OK. Although it was only 30 mins you had with her, it is surely worth more than a million pounds just to hear you have been able to share time together again. You are both in my thoughts, wishing you both well, sleep tight, love She. XX

5. Kriss

Kriss Registered User

May 20, 2004
    Shropshire
    Hi Steve

this posting should be in "Highlight of the Day" though for you I know it is a highlight of the last horrible year! It's brilliant news.

Kriss

6. Mjaqmac

Mjaqmac Registered User

Mar 13, 2004
    Happy for you.

7. Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
    Southport
    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I got into bed last night, said my prayers for Mum and the next thing I knew it was 6:20am this morning.

Woke up annoyed again though.

Such is life.

Hopefully I WILL be seeing her again today.

8. Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
    Southport
    Oh and it occurred to me this morning..... how spooky is this....

The allegation was made against me on Friday 3rd September 2004
    I came home from the bail hostel on Friday 3rd December 2004
    I was able to see mum again on Friday 3rd June 2005