Visited Mum for her Bithday Yesterday

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Hi all i visited my mum on her Bithday 2/3/07,
You know its strange as i sat in her room and my dad went to fetch her i got really nervous and i could feel my heart pounding i almost expect her to walk in the room normally and talk to me. We gave her the cards and she did open one i was suprised. As we sat down she even said to my partner "come and sit here with us". You could say after that mum didnt say anything much after that. And when she did talk it wasnt much. Today i just feel really depressed again and burnt out keep saying to myself mum has turned 52 and ive lost her. I thought i would leave a link to a picture of us im on the right mum is next to me dads on the left and my sister is behind us.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/elwoodlpool/DSC00912.jpg

I just thought id let you see us as ive been on here quite sometime.

Thanks again

Mark

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Mark

That's a lovely photo. Your mum looks so young. It's definitely one to cherish.

I'm glad you managed to give your mum a lovely birthday, and it sounds as if she was able to appreciate it.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Love,

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Mark

What a lovely photo.

It is heartbreaking to think what a huge part of Mum you have lost, but she is still there somewhere, deep inside, and she would be so proud of having such a loving family, I'm sure.

I hope you feel less depressed soon, it is difficult, I know, I cry for my "lost" Mum a lot lately, she is 75 but was always very fit and young at heart.

Thinking of you.

Kathleen

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thank you Mark for sharing your picture - I know a picture to me feels like I am trusting peple with a bit of my life. This is not what you would ever of hoped for or expected for your mum and your family - but she is still there, she is still your mum - don't let the dementia win by saying that she is gone already. I think as it progresses, we have to look harder to see the glimmers of light - but they are there.
Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Mark,
What a lovely photo. You are the image of your mother, the same eyes and mouth. Now I can picture you when I read your posts.

She is so young. However heartbreaking for you, you are coping. You are bound to be depressed. But she recognized her birthday and was pleased to see you all.

Quote I could feel my heart pounding i almost expect her to walk in the room normally and talk to me. Unquote

I can see you are still unable to accept what has happened to your mum and hope each time you see her `it` has gone away. I`m so sorry.

Take care Mark.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Grannie G said:
I can see you are still unable to accept what has happened to your mum and hope each time you see her `it` has gone away. I`m so sorry.

Dear Mark, thank you so much for sharing such a lovely photo.

Whilst I know exactly what Sylvia is saying (believe me I have plenty of days when I think I'm going to turn up at mum's and 'it' has all been a 'bad dream') I think you have shown - just in deciding to post that photo and share it with others here - that you are making some very positive steps for yourself.

Absolutely well done!

Much love, Karen, x

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Sylvia,
15 years down the line - I still look for improvements - maybe the smile was true recognition - maybe the squeeze of my hand was significant - maybe she will say my name if I keep saying it. Do you think we ever completely accept I think there is that corner of the heart that will not quite give up hoping - not quite accept.
Love Helen

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Hi Mark

Thank-you for sharing your photo of your mother, I must say I was a bit shock to read that your mother is only 52 and then seeing her photo she look so young. Seem that your mother and you have come a long way with you helping your mother to get the best care, sine you first came on TP you are a son to be proud of. Lovely family photo

Tina

May 19, 2006
Hi Mark,
what a lovely picture. It's so hard when you're trying to come to terms with what the illness is taking away and I know what you're talking about when you say you feel you've lost your mum. As Amy and others have said, your mum is still there. You can still do lots of things for her and with her, and I'm sure she feels comforted by your presence. Your picture shows you're a close family.
But when you compare her now to what she used to be like, it's probably very difficult.

Amy said:
15 years down the line - I still look for improvements - maybe the smile was true recognition - maybe the squeeze of my hand was significant. I think there is that corner of the heart that will not quite give up hoping - not quite accept.
Love Helen

Golly, Helen, talk about hitting the nail on the head! I never stopped thinking those things while nan and Aunty Jean were alive.

Hugs, Tina

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
What a lovely photograph. Thanks Mark for sharing, and I am glad the birthday went well.

Would endorse Amy's comments......I don't think we ever really accept, or give up

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Hi mark

what a lovely gesture sharing your family photo 52 is no age my mum was 54 when diagnosed had it some time befor though.

you take care and your family

kathy x