Visit To Care Home, Germany - Concerns....!

CatKins 1

Aug 1, 2015
Apologies... for personal reasons am deleting this post.

Last edited:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
That's sounds worrying ! If it's a council run home you can complain via a letter or email directly but if it's a private one it will get a bit more complicated . Do you know? I could assist you as I obviously speak German ?! Lots of care homes are run by trusts like caritas and so fourth but could get addresses for you if you know. Feel free to PM me and I can see what I can do or find out for you . Lots of hugs xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
OMG, Catkins! how awful!

I definitely think you need to get your sis out of that place ASAP, but I have no idea how you could go about it. I hope someone on here can give you some good advice.

LS

CatKins 1

Aug 1, 2015
That's sounds worrying ! If it's a council run home you can complain via a letter or email directly but if it's a private one it will get a bit more complicated . Do you know? I could assist you as I obviously speak German ?! Lots of care homes are run by trusts like caritas and so fourth but could get addresses for you if you know. Feel free to PM me and I can see what I can do or find out for you . Lots of hugs xxxx

Thank you chick1962. It's really good to know I can contact you if I need help with German and with getting addresses. Really appreciate your offer of help. I think the Home is privately run. It's all a bit of a nightmare ! Thanks again. :)

CatKins 1

Aug 1, 2015
Thank you Long Suffering... your support is appreciated and you're right, my sister is definitely not in the right place ! :(

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone

Thank you chick1962. It's really good to know I can contact you if I need help with German and with getting addresses. Really appreciate your offer of help. I think the Home is privately run. It's all a bit of a nightmare ! Thanks again. :)

Really sorry catkins it must be a nightmare for you and such a worry . If there's anything I can help with just pm me xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
I might be being naive here but surely some of the above issues warrant reporting to the police as suspected assault?

CatKins 1

Aug 1, 2015
Hi Grannie G and everyone who responded. Sorry to delete this thread but the issue has become quite sensitive and probably best not to be 'out there' in public domain. Thanks for all your support and help. My next hurdle, which could be a bridge too far, is to somehow try and get my sister back to the UK. Wish me luck. Thanks again.