Visit To Care Home, Germany - Concerns....!

Discussion in 'Middle - later stages of dementia' started by CatKins 1, Aug 12, 2015.

1. CatKins 1

CatKins 1 Registered User

Aug 1, 2015
    #1 CatKins 1, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Apologies... for personal reasons am deleting this post.

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hello CatKins

I know nothing of procedures in Germany but if anyone of mine was in that home I`d want it reported and my relative out as soon as possible.

Can you find out who to report to in Germany? If not, is there any way you can bring your sister back to the UK?

I wonder if the National Dementia helping would have the information.

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/faq.php?faq=resources#faq_resources_helpline

3. chick1962

chick1962 Registered User

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    That's sounds worrying ! If it's a council run home you can complain via a letter or email directly but if it's a private one it will get a bit more complicated . Do you know? I could assist you as I obviously speak German ?! Lots of care homes are run by trusts like caritas and so fourth but could get addresses for you if you know. Feel free to PM me and I can see what I can do or find out for you . Lots of hugs xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

4. Long-Suffering

Long-Suffering Registered User

Jul 6, 2015
    OMG, Catkins! how awful!

I definitely think you need to get your sis out of that place ASAP, but I have no idea how you could go about it. I hope someone on here can give you some good advice.

LS

5. CatKins 1

Aug 1, 2015
    #5 CatKins 1, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

6. CatKins 1

Aug 1, 2015

7. CatKins 1

Aug 1, 2015
    Thank you Long Suffering... your support is appreciated and you're right, my sister is definitely not in the right place ! :(

8. chick1962

chick1962 Registered User

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone

9. Suzanna1969

Suzanna1969 Registered User

Mar 28, 2015
    Essex
    I might be being naive here but surely some of the above issues warrant reporting to the police as suspected assault?

10. CatKins 1

Aug 1, 2015
    Hi Grannie G and everyone who responded. Sorry to delete this thread but the issue has become quite sensitive and probably best not to be 'out there' in public domain. Thanks for all your support and help. My next hurdle, which could be a bridge too far, is to somehow try and get my sister back to the UK. Wish me luck. Thanks again.