Virus on newspapers and post

Shm123

May 2, 2018
Hi - I saw it published that the virus can stay on cardboard and paper for 24 hours or so. So I have been quarantining Mum's daily newspapers and mail for 2 days and then giving them to her as I cannot take the chance of having virus delivered through the letterbox. The letterbox is taped over and there is a lidded bucket with instructions for the paper boy and postie which they are following. It does then mean I need to go each day to quarantine the new paper and release an older one. Is anyone else worried about the threat through the letterbox? Mum is lost when she doesn't have a paper to read.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
The medical expert on BBC news last night said you should be ok with newspapers and post if you wash your hands every two hours, but of course with dementia that is not always achievable.

Shm123

May 2, 2018
The medical expert on BBC news last night said you should be ok with newspapers and post if you wash your hands every two hours, but of course with dementia that is not always achievable.
Mum would never remember to do that sadly - she doesn't even remember there is a virus around