Virtual Rememberance Tree

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
My Dad passed away 6 months ago yesterday. It has been a sad time. The funeral directors sent me a tag on which I can write his name and a message and then hang it on a Christmas Tree that they have in their foyer. I think it is such a lovely idea. So I would like to start one on here to remember all those wonderful people that made our lives so much richer.

Dad,

I miss and love you so much.

Thank you for everything you did for me over the years.

Be happy, be free.

Your ever loving daughter

Marion
x

Last edited:

Whiskas

Oct 17, 2006
Corby
What a lovely idea. My Dad died in August last year and the funeral directors we used did the same thing but I couldn't use it then so thanks for this opportunity.

To my Dad

Thanks for everything you did for me. I hope I was there for you when you were ill as much as you were there for me throughout my life. I'm looking after Mum.

Love Catherine

ann60

Nov 24, 2006
Australia
we have christmas balls with my mother and father inlaws names on which have pride of place on the top of our tree . There are specialty xmas stores that will make them up for you. This way my children and anyone else that visits remembers. love ann

alex

Apr 10, 2006
To the love of my life

It hurts to remember you, but how can i forget?

I'm so sorry for what i put you through, I know i should have let you go, but how could i? You were so special...........still my hero.

Merry Kissmass.........Love always.
Alex x

Carolann

Apr 19, 2006
Nottinghamshire
For Dad who died on March 4th and Mum who died on 21st October - Christmas will be so, so different this year and I am sure many tears will be shed. Yesterday, I placed a lovely photograph of you both next to the Christmas tree. you are laughing your heads off in the photograph, just how I want to remember you.

Thank you both for being the wonderful Mum and Dad that you were for 56 years.
Love, Carol

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
to my two nans, who died july 19th 2003 and july 20th 2003, to lose you both so close together was so very hard,
but i'll raise my glass to the both of you this christmas as always
miss you both so much xx

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
for my precious dad, who died 30 July this year. with thanks for that chaotic, traumatic but wonderfully close last few months together. a gentle man who never seemed to forget that he loved me, even when he forgot everything else.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Oh Dad, my Dad . . .
you were always such a "larger than life" person - a raconteur, a person born ot of time . . . the most loving heart and a stoic about pain . . . so many memories of you. I wish so much we could have you back. May your belief in Heaven not be in vain. I love you now and forever. Nell

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
Tree

Well Taken A Few Days To Be Able To Repy To This Post It Was Really Upsetting To See All This Raw Pain.

For My Husband Jim, The One And Only Man Ever In My Life .
I Fell In Love With Him At Fourteen .
Caught Him At Sixteen.
Married Him At Eighteen.
Lost Him After 45 Years. No One Could Ever Take His Place .
I Know One Day I Will Be With Him Again .
Angela.x

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Angela

Yes it is upsetting, but sometimes it makes you feel better to get it out.........and who knows, maybe they can hear or know how we're feeling...............still can't bring myself to go to the cemetery yet............but i've ordered a lovely xmas vase and 12 red roses.............hope i make it!............i bought a huge bunch of orchids about a month ago and they died in the boot of my car..........kept going, but couldn't go in!

Coward or what!

Its somehow easier to say it here, than it is to say it at the graveside!

Love Alex x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Beep breath as I say I would like to get a picture of a Labrador dog make a tag of it put it up on the Christmas tree , for my dad who died on Jan, 4, ,02 , that memory of when we both went together to get sandy, when I was 8 is a lovely memory that make me smile and is still crystal clear in my mind.

Also for my untie I would make a tag photo cope of a photo of her in her nursing uniform , reminds me of her coming home tried from night work and still taking me to the beach in Gibraltar from the age of 11 , Lorena died Jan 2 06 .

I miss you both , geting use to not haveing you around dad after 4 years , but finding it hard now in not haveing you Lorena , but your both still in my core memory and no one can that away from me .

Last edited:

sarah018

Dec 12, 2006
Leeds
to my grandma Flo,
you passed away on the 26th November, over 2 weeks ago and only today has it hit me that you have gone. you will be greatly missed but at least you are at peace now. At least you are with grandad and uncle peter now and they can look after you as we did.
Someday we will meet again.
Love always
Sarah

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
For Mum, who passed away July 13th `02, sadly dad doesn`t even realise now that it would have been your 78th birthday today. I miss you more with each passing year.
All my love ad infinitum...... Jan.

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
To Dad
This is the second Christmas without you.....its not the same....
I'll miss your infectious laughter....
I'll miss your tears when you used to read the cards from the kids.....
I'll miss you singing along to carols(how that used to embarrass me when I was younger.....your voice always drowned everyone elses........
I'll miss you being Santa......and eating the mince pies
I'll miss you Dad
I'll always love you
Love Wendy xx

hw00001

Oct 7, 2006
Guildford
omgd im in tears ...

gran i love you i miss you u were such a strong women someone who we all looked up to and im so sorry you had to suffer this horrible illness and i just hope i turn into a women who you would be proud of, i wish you knew that i went to uni

i miss you soo much

han

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
For my beautiful dad who was snatched away from me on the 14 June 1982.

Thoughts of you come drifting back
Within this heart of mine
I take a trip to yesterday
Another day in time.

A time when I was growing up
And you were always there
Put to the test, you did your best
You handled things with care.

For holding out, not giving in
When others got their way
For saying no, my strength did grow
I thank you dad, today.

To you, I owe so many thanks
For teaching right from wrong
For many lectures you bestowed
I sing a different song.

I thank you for the sacrifice
Of working everyday
For all you’ve given in this life
I’m thanking you today.

For all I am, I owe to you
You surely led the way
So many lessons learned in life
I thank you dad, today.

Your loving daughter Cate

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
For my dad who died on this day in 1999 ....

I miss you so much and I'm so glad that I managed to tell you that I loved you before you left us.

I know you are in Heaven
I know I must keep moving along
The path to greater meaning
Till I find where I truly belong
But there's one persistent question
That keeps me coming back to you
Was there really nothing I could do?
While I try to find the answer
In every phase that I pass through
You know it's strange,
But I grow more and more like you.

Love, Paul

kazlou

Feb 3, 2006
Surrey
FOR MY DAD (19-09-1913-24-08-2005)

I miss you so much, I just wish I could still give you a hug, I talk to you, but just wish I could hear your voice, I never realised how much you did for Mum and just wished you had told us how bad things were.
I LOVE YOU DAD & I KNOW YOU LOVE ME TOO.

Kaz x x x x