virtual memory walk

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Alz. Society here are having a "virtual" memory walk this year, and I've just signed up. It's not actually "virtual", in that people will really be going out and doing the walk, but it's not a large group walk. Everyone who registers just does the walk themselves, whenever suits them. I'm hoping to do 10K, which is a distance I would walk now and then anyway. May as well raise some much needed funds, while getting my exercise! :)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’ve done the same for Alzheimer Scotland. My friend and I walk every Sunday morning so on 20th September we will deem that to be our memory walk. It will be in memory of both of our husbands and of my mum.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I am in full training for my 5 mile walk along the north Wirral coastline which, if all goes well, will take place on the weekend of 5th/6th of September as I have commitments in later weeks.
Being 78 years young with some health issues of course, my youngest daughter, a nurse insists on walking with me as support which is really welcome. Won’t be the same as previous years and will miss all the other walkers and supporters gathering in the grounds of Croxteth Hall, Liverpool but as long as it gathers funding and spreads the message far and wide. Good luck to all fellow walkers.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Long term weather forecast for my Memory Walk to take the place although a lot can happen in a week! I am so grateful to my donors as they have smashed through my target figure and with luck even more funds will roll in both before and after and just hoping my little ( bandy legged Welsh frame dad called them) legs hold out till then end when my daughter has promised me a pint of my favourite amber nectar in my local, can’t wait ?