• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

Violent wife


Registered User
Feb 24, 2015
I am asking about this on behalf of my daughter. Her partner's father has Parkinsons and Dementia, but his mother cannot cope. She will not take any help, will not read anything that may help, refuses to go the doctor, and has turned quite violent towards her husband, pushing him around and such like. She also goes out leaving him alone and he is quite incapable of doing anything for himself. The 3 of us are at our wits end trying to help and really need to know who to turn to, as something plainly needs to be done about the mother before something really bad happens. Can we insist the father goes into a home without her permission? Anyone any ideas of where to go for help?


Registered User
Jul 20, 2011
I would advise you to phone your local council adult social care safeguarding duty desk. This is as you say a potentially very dangerous situation. You need to stress to adult care that this is an unsafe situation and someone needs to deal with it today. If you do not get a absolute reassurance then I would get the police involved - this is abuse and both people need help urgently

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
I agree with the previous post.

This man is a vulnerable adult and it sounds as if he is being abused. However difficult his wife as primary carer finds the situation, her violence cannot be condoned.

Adult social services need to know he is at risk.


Volunteer Moderator
Dec 15, 2012
Hi dottitudor
I agree something needs to be done for both their sakes
definitely contact Adult Services
does your daughter's partner know the parents GP? if so maybe a phone call and/or note to the GP outlining the concerns may help too - the GP may not be able to discuss the situation but may well act - and that would mean the GP would be to 'blame ' for any action taken