• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Vicious cycle

15moterbike

Jan 17, 2022
Mum was drowning in her own saliva when I arrived had had hyoscine and then suction. Was screaming thrashing . They didn't give her lunch as too chesty . I spoke to the manager. The nurse in charge still says when they get the patches it will help but I don't think so not now . They say mum is not eol . I will wait to she aspirates . Its awful just awful . I was also told I was cruel not letting her have antibiotics it was the drs choose not mine

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Mum was drowning in her own saliva when I arrived had had hyoscine and then suction. Was screaming thrashing . They didn't give her lunch as too chesty . I spoke to the manager. The nurse in charge still says when they get the patches it will help but I don't think so not now . They say mum is not eol . I will wait to she aspirates . Its awful just awful . I was also told I was cruel not letting her have antibiotics it was the drs choose not mine
I am so sorry to hear what your Mum and you are enduring. Where is the humanity in all of this?

Sheelagh7

Feb 25, 2022
@15moterbike, so sorry that must be awful to witness your mother suffering like that. It's baffling how some doctors say EOL and others say not, you'd think there would be some sort of standard for it. @GillP, you're right there is no humanity making a person suffer this way.
Thinking of you & your mother xxx

15moterbike

Jan 17, 2022
Thankyou it's very baffling how 2 nurses can say 2 different things as well. Total living hell
@15moterbike, so sorry that must be awful to witness your mother suffering like that. It's baffling how some doctors say EOL and others say not, you'd think there would be some sort of standard for it. @GillP, you're right there is no humanity making a person suffer this way.
Thinking of you & your mother xxx

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I was also told I was cruel not letting her have antibiotics
I experienced the same attitude. When mum (in CH) broke her hip and had to go to hospital, I made it clear that she was just to be 'fixed up' then returned to the home. I said if she got any infections she wasn't to receive any treatment. This was met with looks of horror. I waved mum's Living Will at them but it made no difference - they just thought I was the meanest, cruellest daughter in the world. One had the cheek to say, 'Don't you love your mother?'

The point is, mum felt very strongly about quality of life vs quantity - that's why she'd made a Living Will. It didn't really matter what I thought, I was carrying out her wishes and a Living Will (now called an Advance Directive or something) is a legal document.

The medical staff didn't have the foggiest idea about me, my mum, my family or our history yet they were very quick to judge.

15moterbike

Jan 17, 2022
I experienced the same attitude. When mum (in CH) broke her hip and had to go to hospital, I made it clear that she was just to be 'fixed up' then returned to the home. I said if she got any infections she wasn't to receive any treatment. This was met with looks of horror. I waved mum's Living Will at them but it made no difference - they just thought I was the meanest, cruellest daughter in the world. One had the cheek to say, 'Don't you love your mother?'

The point is, mum felt very strongly about quality of life vs quantity - that's why she'd made a Living Will. It didn't really matter what I thought, I was carrying out her wishes and a Living Will (now called an Advance Directive or something) is a legal document.

The medical staff didn't have the foggiest idea about me, my mum, my family or our history yet they were very quick to
So sad

15moterbike

Jan 17, 2022
Holly Moses - I just rang ch and spoke to a agency nurse . Mum is needing 2 hrly suction . She had it this morning then had her porridge . I just wished I lived closer so could go now and witness this for myself . Beyond speechless no words 😥i will call tonight