Very Urgent..need advice

MillyP

Jan 5, 2007
London
Does anyone know where I can find the telephone number to the emergency social services...I fear I may need them tonight. My Dad is off again and we are having a really tough time reasoning with him..I have contacted the CPN yesterday but they have not returned my call as yet...our Doctor is closed this evening and I really don't know what else to do apart from call the ESS if things get too difficult to handle...it's as if my Dads going to explode with rage at any minute and it's like living on egg shells....all help appreciated Thanks

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Milly: it should be in your local telephone book. It will be specific to your local authority. Even the normal social services number should route to the out-of-hours service.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Have you tried googling the name of your area followed by social services? That should lead you to their website and you should be able to find a number there. If you can't find it then I don't suppose it would do any harm for you to post the name of your area eg Manchester, York etc here and then I could help you look. I'm sorry that things are so bad.

Brenda

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I think that is the main council telephone number and you have to wait for option 8 to speak to someone. Presumably they will then redirect you. I did manage to find an emergency number for my own area's social services very quickly, but found Enfield's website not user friendly at all!

Don't forget that even if your doctor's is closed you can still phone and you should be directed to a locum service. I hope things work out OK.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done jennifer and Brenda and well done Google.

Milly`s post has made me bookmark my own local emergency social services contact number just in case......................

Milly, I hope your dad will be OK

MillyP

Jan 5, 2007
London
Thanks everyone...things did get heated last night and I told my Dad in no uncertain terms that if he didn't calm down I would be calling them out...it worked and he calmed down and has been relatively calm today but I'm not gonna hold my breath...I've spoken to the CPN today and they feel his tablets need changing as the ones he's on can't be increased without him falling into a deep sleep....off to the Doctors in a little while to collect new ones....didn't want to go through Easter living on egg shells, it's no fun for any of us...anyway I'm going to keep the ESS number handy as I will probably need it...thanks to everyone who came to my aid so quickly....it's so nice to know there's people out there that can give us advice...makes all the difference...will keep you updated...have a lovely Easter...love to you all:)

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Glad you posted again and things calmed down - I was worried about you. It's irritating though that in some situations our loved ones will respond to, for want of a better word, threats, when loving persuasion has no effect.

Jennifer

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Milly

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad you managed to calm things down last night. Let's hope the new pills are effective.

Have a good Easter.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It does work, doesn`t it, a little bit of authority. I don`t understand the processing, but then I suppose no-one else does either.
I`m glad your dad calmed down for you Milly and hope the new tablets are effective.

MillyP

Jan 5, 2007
London
It does, you're right....I don't like shouting at him but sometimes I feel it's the only way. Funny thing is, because he thinks he has two houses and two wives, the last time my Mum lost it and shouted at him, the next day he said that he had two wives...one was nice and the other was horrible:rolleyes:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wouldn`t be surprised if my husband thinks he has two wives too. I certainly have two husbands, they`re as different as chalk and cheese.