Very Interesting from The Brain and Spine Foundation

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
A very interesting talk by Lisa Genova (author of "Still Alice") on how Alzheimer's can be prevented. Worth watching if only for the explanation of the neurological changes that take place in the brain. I came across it on Facebook as a post from the Brain and Spine Foundation.
https://www.ted.com/talks/lisa_genova_what_you_can_do_to_prevent_alzheimer_s#t-824215
I shall watch it with interest but my heart sinks whenever I read another...how or that Alzheimer's can be prevented.

YorkshireLass

Feb 15, 2017
Ilkley
I shall watch it with interest but my heart sinks whenever I read another...how or that Alzheimer's can be prevented.
I agree however as research into a successful treatment of this dreadful disease still evades us it's important to also focus on it's cause for the many millions of us that are unknowingly heading in the same direction. Caring for my mum on a daily basis this disease manages to run faster than I can. I am unable to prepare and get ahead of it. A similar dilemma for the research scientists or at least that's how it appears.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I agree however as research into a successful treatment of this dreadful disease still evades us it's important to also focus on it's cause for the many millions of us that are unknowingly heading in the same direction. Caring for my mum on a daily basis this disease manages to run faster than I can. I am unable to prepare and get ahead of it. A similar dilemma for the research scientists or at least that's how it appears.
Yes let's all hope our children or next generation do not have to have the worry that we have all had for our loved ones or see the things that we have seen in us also

Last edited: