Very confused

daddykins

Jul 14, 2012
Portland, Dorset
I have just seen my wife completely and utterly confused. Yes she can be a little confused at times, but tonight was the worst I have ever seen her.
We'd had an early tea, just after 5, so around 7.30 she went for a nap. Nothing unusual in that, she often does and I record her 'soaps'' for later viewing.
About 8.15 she came into the lounge very upset and asking for her breakfast as we will be late for the dentist, which is tomorrow morning.
It took me some time to convince her that it was only Wednesday evening and the more I tried to explain, the more upset she became.
I did eventually convince her to go back to bed, but it seemed to take for ever.
I've only cried once before, when a similar thing happened some time ago, when she did not recognise me and that really hurt. But tonight, I am sorry to admit, the tears came back again.
It's not supposed to be like this, I'm a big, strong man, alright I'm in my early 70's, and 'big men don't cry' went the song, but I did. I could not help myself.
I just hope that when she does wake next, that like the time she did not recognise me, she has no memory of this episode.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Ive seen this happen too.
Its as if the sleep means to them that it must be morning - Ive just woken up, I was asleep therefore it must be morning. Er, no - but I couldnt convince her otherwise.

daddykins

Jul 14, 2012
Portland, Dorset
My wife has just woken up again and has no memory of the episode at all I am pleased to say, so I have not pressed the point and she is happy watching the television.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
My wife has just woken up again and has no memory of the episode at all I am pleased to say, so I have not pressed the point and she is happy watching the television.

It may be a bit of sun downing ? My husband gets like that in the evening, confused and disoriented. The brain has to concentrate that much during the day by late afternoon it gets tired and confusion can start. My husband calls it when the mist comes in . Thinking of you

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Daddykins, Big men are allowed to cry, as are small men, fat men and thin men
Its fine, You big old heart must be breaking.

Sometimes a good cry release the tension, and although you might feel daft, its natural.

I used to weep on a regular basis.
x

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Hubby often doesn't know who I am, sometimes thinks I am his mum - yes it is sad and I do shed tears too. I also am in early 70s. Don't feel bad about crying Daddykins, it helps sometimes xx