1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Vaso

Vaso Registered User

May 10, 2015
    my husband has dementia and I'm finding it hard to come to terms with and I cry a lot in the bathroom so he can't see me

2. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    Hello Vaso and welcome to Talking Point. So sorry that your husband has dementia and you are finding it hard to come to terms with the diagnosis. I think we have all felt the same and taken varying lengths of time to get back on track.

You will find lots of support and advice and friendship on here from all the members. They may be where you are right now and have empathy by the bucket load or further along the line and can help you along as and when you need the support.

So please make use of the forum and look forward to seeing you posting very soon.

3. Lindy50

Lindy50 Registered User

Dec 11, 2013
    Cotswolds
    Hello Vaso and a warm welcome from me, too :)

This diagnosis is so difficult to cope with, and as jaymor says, we're all somewhere along the road. I hope you get the support you need, from here and elsewhere.

Looking forward to seeing you posting (reading can be good, too).

Lindy :) xx

4. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  5. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    It`s so sad. I used to cry a lot too. It doesn`t make anything better other than release pent up emotions.