Vascular surgery need help!

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Heike, I've just looked that up. Did they call it spinal stenosis? That can cause horrible nerve pain, which is very uncomfortable. I was never told fully what was wrong with my spine. You need to speak to your GP and get the lowdown, for your own peace of mind.

The last thing you need right now is us lot looking on the Internet.

Phone your GP.

Just spoke to the consultant Dr W yes, john has severe spinal stenosis and as of now has been referred to Kings Collage hospital with regards operation ! It's in his neck they call it c 3 ??? Trying to digest info . Chuggs I am truly and utterly upset now ! Gonna sign off for a bit love to you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Just spoke to the consultant Dr W yes, john has severe spinal stenosis and as of now has been referred to Kings Collage hospital with regards operation ! It's in his neck they call it c 3 ??? Trying to digest info . Chuggs I am truly and utterly upset now ! Gonna sign off for a bit love to you xxx

C3 is the third vertebra from the top. We have seven, apparently.

Have a good cry, honey, but please don't hide away. You need us. Come back soon, all right?

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Yep crying now and licking my wounds but just have to get through it somehow don't we. Kings is a good hospital and DR W is pulling Johns CT to look at the other problem and ring me back later on or tomorrow xxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm so sorry you and your hubby now have this to contend with as well.
I do hope for a positive outcome. Try not to despair. It's hard not to I know. x

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Yep crying now and licking my wounds but just have to get through it somehow don't we. Kings is a good hospital and DR W is pulling Johns CT to look at the other problem and ring me back later on or tomorrow xxx

Oh, you will get through it, Haike. I promise you will.

Tuck all this in your own head as a teaching thing. Sometimes, it IS good to know what's going on, as it makes us more in touch with what can happen, how to ask questions, so that we can be better carers.

You will survive. Trust me. You will survive.

Massive, mammoth, humungous hugs, xxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Thinking of you chick, you can get through this!
Will have to face some difficult decisions of my own, probably in the next year. OH does not have capacity....

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Well good morning all, survived yesterday and digested everything. Feel okish this morning. John and I talked about what will/might happen and now we have to wait for Kings in London to get in touch. Not so worried about spine stenosis anymore as op is the lesser one . Will go back to my positive thread and try to be just that thanks for all your lovely wishes , love to you all xxxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Heike Chick, I am so sorry you and John are having such a worrying time. I am a bit behind as I've been having computer problems.
You really are having a lot to face at the moment. I know you will find your way through it but it's very hard. Sending you lots of love and hugs and good thoughts. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Heike Chick, I am so sorry you and John are having such a worrying time. I am a bit behind as I've been having computer problems.
You really are having a lot to face at the moment. I know you will find your way through it but it's very hard. Sending you lots of love and hugs and good thoughts. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Es , glad to hear from you . Hope you and Nick are all good?! Yes, these last few days been very hard and we still face some difficult decisions but in the mean time I am trying to stay strong! I think it was the first time on our journey that I got angry and wondered why us! Been all over the place, upset, worried, exhausted, scared and heartbroken. Such a lot of emotions! Back to being steady now and will face whatever lays a head. Positives eh . Hence I am back on my positive thread . How are things with you? Xxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi lovely Heike Chick, we're okay. Being on this forum does make you count every blessing and feel grateful for every day without a crisis. I just feel so sad you and equally lovely John have to go through this on top of everything else. I am constantly amazed at the reserves of strength and love you and other people who post here are able to find. It costs though!!
Sending you hugs and loads of love. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi lovely Heike Chick, we're okay. Being on this forum does make you count every blessing and feel grateful for every day without a crisis. I just feel so sad you and equally lovely John have to go through this on top of everything else. I am constantly amazed at the reserves of strength and love you and other people who post here are able to find. It costs though!!
Sending you hugs and loads of love. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good morning Es, you are always so kind and your words really touch me ! Been awake for ages but not with my John, just things going round in my head! We are now waiting for 2 appointments , stenosis will be done at Kings in London and the by pass at St Thomas also in London! I feel like the quiet before the storm, it's not here yet but you feel it coming! We ll have a quiet day today as the weather is horrible out . Might take John to garden centre as we need some Aqua soil for the pond. Found more baby goldfish yesterday :) hope they survive . Wishing you and Nick a peaceful Sunday much love Heike xxx

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
We've been to St Thomas recently and they were marvellous with him. Just try and avoid all the tourists on the left-hand side of the bridge, they are alarmingly slow!

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi Heike, hope you and John have/had a good night. I hate to see that you are posting in the wee hours, it can be such a lonely time to be awake when the rest of the word is quiet.
As Beate and others have said the NHS is marvellous at technical things like operations etc., even though dementia seems to be the cinderella! People are very nice too, I had a couple of ops last year and though I was really scared I had so many blessings.
It was sunny here this morning so I got some washing on the line and did work in the garden, then the rotary drier collapsed because it had rusted through. Nick was still in bed so I told him I had to go out and get a new drier. I prefer him to be in bed while I'm out because it's safer, but when I tried to get him up when I got home he said no, he was staying in bed. He said it was because he was feeling 'a bit down', so unusual for him to say that as he is a sunny little soul. Eventually he said it was because he feels bad he isn't able to help me and he should have been able to fix the drier. I felt so sad for him.
Anyway I hope tomorrow is a good day for you and John. Much love to you. Es
xxxxxxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba