Vascular Alzheimers

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
I'd be really grateful if anyone on this forum has any input on this. It appears now my Mother had Vascular diagnosed back in February well no one told me from the OPMH when they visited her twice. Since being discharged from them back in March she was then in hospital in July again no one told me although she was on the Dementia Ward in the hospital. Prior to discharge the duty ward person advised me they had prescribed her with 75 mg aspirin. Since my Mum has been back home she's been the gp twice bloods all normal no UTI. So at the moment MH are due to come out and see her again. Plus no change to her medication she is a diabetic type 2 diagnosed in 2017 and takes one 5mg pill for this. I did contact MH the other week as my Mum wasn't herself the lady told me 7 weeks to triage. However I did phone them Friday as I wanted more information her precise words were I don't understand she basically tried to call my bluff and ruffle my feathers which I don't need to put up with. I had already requested information from the Trust at the beginning of the year and it's now with the ICO. Obviously if I get anymore problems with this member of staff I will be reporting her as she did come and see my Mother the beginning of the year and ordered me out the room while my Mother had that Ace test done. Since speaking to the CQC last Friday they've advised me to contact them again if effectively she gives me a hard time. As I put it to them she's replaceable my Mother is not. Don't know if there's some fudging going on I'm totally confused with it all.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
Welcome to the forum and I'm sure other will be along soon with better advice. However, I think the problem here is that patient confidentiality is stopping you having the information. The only way I got information about my mother in law was being present at all her appointments. I was present during the ACE test in my mother in laws home , but only because my mother in law signed a form agreeing for me to be present. Otherwise, I would have had to be in another room . I wonder whether your mother could sign a letter to give to the GP stating she wants you to be informed and gives permission for the GP to give you information.

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
The GP is giving me information. What form did they make you sign at the time she was tested. CQC have advised me if they re test they have to give a valid reason for leaving the room.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
The GP is giving me information. What form did they make you sign at the time she was tested. CQC have advised me if they re test they have to give a valid reason for leaving the room.
I didn't sign anything. My mother in law signed a section on the ACE test form giving her consent. This was in 2015 ,so protocols may have changed