Vanishing Mackeral

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I am sure everyone remembers the cat Mackeral,obtained from the RSPCA,cost £50,vanished overnight.
I suspect that he is around,but not with us.
This is our new cat,Bella.
Ten years old,a rescue cat,only wants food and fuss.
Peg and I love her so things turned out ok in the end.
Norman

Attachments

• bellacat.JPG
    bellacat.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Norman,

Now you tell Bella, in no uncetain terms, that she`s home now.

What a lovely puss.

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Purrrrfect

Oh Norman she is gorgeous, and a very lucky puss to have found herself a nice new loving home.

Love
Cate

Last edited:

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Norman

I'm really pleased that you have found such a beautiful cat and that Peg has taken to her.

Thanks for posting the pictures - Bella clearly likes to pose.....

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Georgeous cat Norman, and very photogenic (or is that down to the skill of the photographer?)

Jennifer

carol

Jun 24, 2004
Surrey/Hampshire
Pleased that you and Peg have found yourselves a lovely new pet. Now you have two females to fuss over Norman. Peg and Bella. May you all become best friends!

Love Carolx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Norman

Che Bella!!!

She is so beautiful, and so lucky to have found such a loving home.

Hope you, Peg and Bella have a long and happy relationship together.

Love,

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
To add to this, how does one take decent photos of pets? I'm not just taking about the "red eye" aspect of it, or rather green eye, but everything. I have many years worth of photos of various animals, and to be honest, they could for the most part be used as still for a horror movie: "When good pets go bad" would seem an appropriate title. Even my goldfish, god help them, end up looking like something that should have the music from Jaws played as an accompaniment, and don't get me started on the rats! That's of course when they're not so blurred they look like spirit photography. Any websites, books that anyone would recommend?

Jennifer

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Jennifer

What I have found recently, in taking pictures of my new 'family' - children and adults alike - is that a feature of my digital camera comes in really useful.

The camera [Canon Ixus 750] has reasonable resolution - 7 megapixels - actually I de-tune it to 4 because otherwise I'd have no hard disk space left when i store the pictures - I have almost filled a 500 gigabyte hard drive this past year....

The special thing though is the movie mode, which is DVD quality. With a 2 gigabyte SD card in it, I can take good amounts of video with sound. Better actually than my digital camcorder can do!

What I do is take short bursts of video of the people at best picture setting, then I play back the video on the PC, stop it at a particular point, Print Screen, then crop and save it from my picture editor.

The picture size is limited of course, but certainly good enough for 6 x 4 prints, and great for making DVDs with soundtracks.

The images selected from the video are far more like the people being captured than still images taken as such are.

Now, I didn't do all this when I was owned by Nikolai Vronsky, our fine Russian Blue cat, so I don't know if it would work for pets. I'd give it a try though.

Nicky - and his companion Caradoc, the Blue Abyssinian, were great posers though, so didn't want me to do anything other than take their pictures so others could admire them....:p

This picture I took when they were under a year old, in 1995, when Jan was only just starting on our terrible journey.

Attachments

• cary and nicky a.jpg
    cary and nicky a.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 313

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
jenniferpa said:
To add to this, how does one take decent photos of pets? I'm not just taking about the "red eye" aspect of it, or rather green eye, but everything. I have many years worth of photos of various animals, and to be honest, they could for the most part be used as still for a horror movie: "When good pets go bad" would seem an appropriate title. Even my goldfish, god help them, end up looking like something that should have the music from Jaws played as an accompaniment, and don't get me started on the rats! That's of course when they're not so blurred they look like spirit photography. Any websites, books that anyone would recommend?

Jennifer

I've looked closely at Bella's big beautiful eyes and I'm concluding that it's done with a liberal application of eye shadow. I think there is an expert make-up person at work there. Have you tried a little mascara on your fishes, Jennifer? Waterproof, of course.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Bruce, what posers they are -- so arrogant.

Thanks for the tip. I've got an Ixus too -- a lesser version -- but hadn't thought of using the video function for taking stills of Skye. I'll definitely give it a go.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Wow Bruce I only wish I understood a word of what you'd written. Sounds impressive though. And I thought my posts on bankruptcy and deprivation of assets were technical:D

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Clearly I need a new camera. Actually I DO need a new camera: I finally found the cable of the other one, only to discover that it has a power supply problem. So I put the memory card in my son's card reader, only to be unable to find the cables for that. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
lovely, lovely kitties

I just adore animals in general & cats in particular.

Wanted to post a picture of one of my mine, but the file was too big. I'll try again later.

Norman, I've always had a soft spot for long-haired cats, and tabbies, and gingers, and black & white and...... I love them all!

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Jenifer
I am no expert photographer.
I have an Olympus C-120 Camedia camera with 2.0 megapixels,2.5X digital zoom.
Those pictures are original, no red eye removal or anything.
I am afraid that I do not take enough care with my pictures.
If you look carefully Peg's breakfast of two hot cross buns can be seen in the background!!
Norman
Norman