Vaccine power of attorney

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
I'm 49 and wondering if I got a power of attorney for my mum can I get it any earlier as want to go inside to visit but can't due to me not getting the vaccine yet thanks

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @jelba As per Government guidance, the care home should be allowing you to visit your mum inside without having the vaccine, so suggest that you have a chat with the care home manager to ask why they are imposing this unnecessary condition.

Here's the guidance:

It is not a condition of visiting that the visitor or the resident should have been vaccinated. However, it is strongly recommended that all visitors and residents take up the opportunity to be vaccinated when they are invited to do so through the national programme.

Section 2.1

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...icies-for-visiting-arrangements-in-care-homes

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I don’t know where you live but lots of people under the age of 50 near me have been called for a vaccination. My sister got hers earlier by booking through the NHS website and ticking the box saying that she is a Carer ( she is mums nominated visitor and main contact ). She was not asked for any proof.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
And it would take several weeks to get power of attorney organised so as you are in the next age group to be called, to not going to help.

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Already got power of attorney been it for about 4 years but I feel more comfortable if I had it as I work with about 90 over staff I am allowed inside but for safety I using the pod outside

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
As you have power of attorney, then I suggest you speak to your GP to register as a Carer then you can use the NHS website to book a vaccination. Or just go online and tick the Carer box and see what happens - worth a try as you are so close to the current cut off of age 50.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa