Vaccine for carer

Skyblue C

Jul 25, 2020
Hi there, i am a live in carer for my 83 clinically vulnerable mother, should i have been offered the vaccine by now, my mum's social worker seems to think i should have, can anybody shed any light on this ?

Thanks, Skyblue

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have to wait until they come to me but not when. it took a week for the doctor to give permission for the housebound team to give me a blood test and i asked then and they said the housebound team will come to me. im cat 6 anyway

spandit

Feb 11, 2020
Had mine today. Had to show them some evidence I was a carer - I had a letter from the DWP about my father's AA and a letter from Care For The Carers - they weren't scrutinised

Scruffydog

Feb 9, 2021
Hi there, i am a live in carer for my 83 clinically vulnerable mother, should i have been offered the vaccine by now, my mum's social worker seems to think i should have, can anybody shed any light on this ?

Thanks, Skyblue
I took my husband for his vaccine today as he has dementia along with other serious health problems due to his dementia I went into the vaccination centre with my husband. On arrival I asked if there was any chance I could also have the vaccine, they asked me if I was his full time carer and was I over 50. As I answered yes to both these questions they said yes I could have the vaccine as they had some extra doses as some people had missed their appointments . The lady on the registration desk told me it is always worth asking if you can be vaccinatEd