vaccination at home?

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Hi thanks @RosettaT the irony wasn't lost on me that mum was being charged for something that was to help her save money.i think that they said something along the lines that it was a private thing and so wasn't an nhs form and when i pushed them further i think they said they would look in to it,but she didn't get the money back

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
Hi thanks @RosettaT the irony wasn't lost on me that mum was being charged for something that was to help her save money.i think that they said something along the lines that it was a private thing and so wasn't an nhs form and when i pushed them further i think they said they would look in to it,but she didn't get the money back
Ive got to say that really is disgusting of the surgery, I think I'd have to pursue it as a matter of principle, shame on them! Hope your ma gets her vaccine soon. I do believe they were saying today that anyone over 70 not yet vaccinated should chase it up

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Ive got to say that really is disgusting of the surgery, I think I'd have to pursue it as a matter of principle, shame on them! Hope your ma gets her vaccine soon. I do believe they were saying today that anyone over 70 not yet vaccinated should chase it up
Hi thanks,i did ring the 119 number but it was only for people that could visit a vaccination centre,the gp said it would be the pfizer jab that mum would have.The local hospital is giving mum's carers the Oxford jab,it's a shame that they haven't organised that to be given in the community via community nurses,maybe that will end up happening though

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
Hi thanks,i did ring the 119 number but it was only for people that could visit a vaccination centre,the gp said it would be the pfizer jab that mum would have.The local hospital is giving mum's carers the Oxford jab,it's a shame that they haven't organised that to be given in the community via community nurses,maybe that will end up happening though
?

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Hi folks i was speaking to a neighbour on the phone today having a moan about vaccinations and as soon as I put the phone down there was a knock at the door.It was an NHS nurse and I had never been happier to see that uniform.She went back to the car and drew the vaccine and then gave mum her jab,it was the Oxford jab.At least that will give me some sense of peace for a little while,I hope if any of you are waiting for a home visit that you get seen soon.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
ive had a jab cancelled cos I was in hospital, then one cancelled cos of the snow. I’m crossing fingers for next Wednesday..........

Jerseygirl

Feb 8, 2021
Hi folks i was speaking to a neighbour on the phone today having a moan about vaccinations and as soon as I put the phone down there was a knock at the door.It was an NHS nurse and I had never been happier to see that uniform.She went back to the car and drew the vaccine and then gave mum her jab,it was the Oxford jab.At least that will give me some sense of peace for a little while,I hope if any of you are waiting for a home visit that you get seen soon.
My mother also got hers on Thursday when they came to the door. So pleased.

Quite contrary

Jan 5, 2020
Ilford, Essex
@wilko73 and @Jerseygirl That's interesting to know. My sister has been having trouble with her surgery trying to sort out what is happening with 82 year old husband's vaccination. He is housebound with dementia, depression and physical problems but it wasn't on his records that he is housebound! She was told they didn't know how he would get it. Do either of you know who sent the nurses out?

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
@wilko73 and @Jerseygirl That's interesting to know. My sister has been having trouble with her surgery trying to sort out what is happening with 82 year old husband's vaccination. He is housebound with dementia, depression and physical problems but it wasn't on his records that he is housebound! She was told they didn't know how he would get it. Do either of you know who sent the nurses out?
Hi the GP rang a couple of months ago and then referred me to the the team that visited who ever they were i'm not sure,but your sisters husbands GP will be the people that's responsible for sorting things out for him,get her to call again as she may find somebody that knows more about it

Jerseygirl

Feb 8, 2021
Hi. In the end I emailed our local Primary Care Network and they were.more helpful than our surgery in telling me when mum would get her vaccine. They were right and came on the day they said.

Quite contrary

Jan 5, 2020
Ilford, Essex
Thank you all for your help. Through the link provided by @nitram I discovered that one of the GPs at their surgery is actually one of the two clinical directors of their local PCN! I can now tell her who to pester or I will ask her if she would like me to email (she doesn't do technology!)