UTIs, seizures and hospital

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Oh my lovely @canary im so sorry you are back to this situation again. It’s so unfair that you have had to go through this again. It definitely takes its toll on you & meanwhile your poor OH is back on iv antibiotics in hospital.

I know from Mums re- enablement package that OT assessments were done in hospital & a care plan was drawn up after a needs assessment meeting which my husband & myself were present at with all of the relevant agencies & medical staff.

we did push to get that meeting, it stopped the re- enablement care package being halted but sadly not reduced; Mum to had further medical issues before it was reinstated to the full four visits.
Admittedly I was a total pain in the proverbial... constant telephone calls & emails !

it’s horrible knowing what your PWD needs & seeing them not get it until those in authority realise what you already knew!

Hoping that you now can get the help you so desperately need. sending a very big (((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I am so sorry to hear that your husband is back in hospital again @canary It is such a frightening time. Dad was in for 3 weeks and I visited 2 times every single day. It was a very emotional and a very wearing time I felt very lonely. I hope that you have some support from family or a friend.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Today I have crashed and burned. Its the afternoon and Im not even dressed, nor have I eaten.
I need to visit OH and I need to go shopping, but my head feels empty and I dont trust my driving.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Sorry you aren’t feeling great today, but given the last couple weeks understandable. Do you ‘have’ to do any of those things? Eating I agree would be a good idea, but can you get a nice take away in and just phone to see how your husband is?
Thinking of you.

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Oh gosh, how quickly things can change! Sorry to hear this and hope you regain strength and energy to keep going but if not, take a day off and rest - you deserve it.
Hope that your OH's health improves and that you get the care opackage you need ASAP.
Hugs from me too xx

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Today I have crashed and burned. Its the afternoon and Im not even dressed, nor have I eaten.
I need to visit OH and I need to go shopping, but my head feels empty and I dont trust my driving.

I have had a day catching up on myself in my pJ’s working & being a bit of a slob!
Just made a big chicken stew, & ate too much!
I’m feeling a little less like my head is filled with candy floss!
Sending love & hugs xxx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you all (and especially @Spamar who I know is recovering from her op) for your understanding and support
I think Ive been surviving on coffee and adrenaline and today I just crashed - sat down and cried. I confess that I didnt go and see OH today.
I have had a day catching up on myself in my pJ’s working & being a bit of a slob!
Just made a big chicken stew, & ate too much!
I’m feeling a little less like my head is filled with candy floss!
Sending love & hugs xxx
Is it bad of me that I find it comforting to know that others do the same?

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
No @canary it most definitely is not...you are amazing and have so much knowledge and experience and have helped so many on TP including myself ...we are here for you do not beat yourself up.
I had a proper cry this morning some days it all gets too much and in my case it’s when I first wake up and realise nothing has changed, and how could it ??
(((((( big hugs stay strong and cry if you need too))))) A x

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Thank you all (and especially @Spamar who I know is recovering from her op) for your understanding and support
I think Ive been surviving on coffee and adrenaline and today I just crashed - sat down and cried. I confess that I didnt go and see OH today.

Is it bad of me that I find it comforting to know that others do the same?

No not bad, & I’m glad to be of some comfort. Sometimes you just have to stop & sit still & let the tears come. Nothing wrong in having a pj day (or two!)
As much as we all try to do it all - at some point we just can’t continue. I don’t feel guilty, just sad that the system leaves those trying to care drained, exhausted & frustrated by the ridiculousness of it all!

Take your time in getting yourself back on your feet, & Make sure that you let social services know how all this is effecting you.

maybe your social worker might actually have a sense of duty of care; have to say I haven’t had any experience of that recently .......but I live in hope that someone somewhere might actually be conscientious in their jobs - after all my mums community nurse & the CMHT actually stepped up to the plate