UTIs, seizures and hospital

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Hooray! I have had contact from the epilepsy clinic at the National Neurological Hospital about OHs reduction in medication and subsequent increased seizures. She listened to the whole story and seemed to understand exactly what I was talking about. She took the name of the local hospital, the name of the consultant that he was under at that hospital and OHs hospital number so that she could make investigations and said that it sounded like OH needed an increase in medication again. She is going to phone me back once she has contacted the local hospital.

Well done for being persistent and following this up.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
That's good news @canary Lets just hope that she gets on to it quickly and it is all sorted out.

Can't believe the stupidity and plain arrogance of certain medics who do not listen to the one who knows best.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Merry Christmas @canary i hope life gets a little easier for you. sending love xxx & hope for better days xxxx
Thank you. I hope your Christmas is as good as it can be and you find a some moments of peace.

OH came home for Christmas yesterday and I have been rushed off my feet.
Children have gone back home, so its just OH and me

I have had several phone calls from the National Neurological Hospital. They are not happy about the way OH has had his antiepileptics suddenly reduced from 14,000 mg a day to 200mgs a day. Now that OH is home I can see that he is having lots of seizures every day :(:mad:. They wanted to check his kidney function (local hospital thought there were problems) and if its OK his medication will be gradually increased again

At least there were no problems with the catheter last night :)

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Pleased to hear the catheter issue was fine last night and long may that continue . Glad the National Neurological hospital are on the ball and hope they get oh medication back up to normal levels soon. I Second @Splashing About in that Xmas in kind and peaceful for you .

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
So, for the first time in our married life we have not got to church on Christmas morning.
OH has also refused to have a shower

At least the sun is shining and the food is prepped. I doubt we will get a walk today but we can look out onto nice weather.

I wish you all moments of peace and joy this Christmas
((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) to you all

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you @Izzy @Cat27 @Bunpoots and @Sirena

OH had more seizures during the day and slept most of it on and off. I began to think I would be eating Christmas dinner on my own, but he perked up just as it was ready and we ate it together.
Today a friend is coming round with her daughter. He husband had early onset dementia, so she understands. He daughter is disabled, so I dont know how long they will stay (she probably doesnt know either!) but it will be lovely to see them. Everything is always relaxed on Boxing Day and I never do any cooking - everyone just helps themselves to leftovers and salad.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Love the fact that the fridge is full & no cooking to be done
Xxx
Good news that the neuro hospital is on top of things
Xxx