UTI or Major Decline??

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
A warm welcome from me too @SandyF.

When you feel ready you can tell us a bit about your situation. I know you will get lots of help and support here.

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
What a worrying time for you all, sending good wishes for the next few weeks x

Triffid

Oct 4, 2020
oh my @maz11 so much going on for your family ... I hope the meds help your mum, and fingers crossed for your test results

just to offer a warm welcome to DTP @Triffid ... there's lots of support here, so do keep posting

thanks - just taking the plunge. Btw love the Julian of Norwich quote, that’s kept me going through the last few hard minths

maz11

Jul 28, 2020
Hi all,

Just thought I quickly jump on and update you. Mums condition is still the same mentally. She has developed delirium and has no idea whats going on. The covid drug is working well and her physical health improving slightly but mentally she is the same as when she went in a week ago tomorrow.

My Dad and I both tested positive for covid. Dad was admitted on Friday night and was moved to ICU this morning due to severely low oxygen levels.

He is on a fancy new oxygen mask and sats have improved a bit.

We cant see any of them which is really horrible.

My covid symptoms are much milder in comparison to theirs.

Start of a new week now so let's hope this one is better.

Thanks for your support

X

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh @maz11 how dreadful. Im so sorry to hear how bad things have been. I hope your mum and dad are improving and that you are being well cared for too. Thank you for updating us.

maz11

Jul 28, 2020
Morning. I just thought I would update you all on Mum and Dad.

Mum spent 3 weeks in the covid ward and after testing negative was moved out to a local hospital where we finally got to visit (window visits). It had been such a long time since we had seen her!

She spent 3 weeks there and finally got home on 26th November.

There has been an obvious decline in her condition and she is requiring 24 hr support at home. We are currently waiting for a care package to be sorted out and my sister and I have been caring for her meantime.

My Dad was on a ventilator for 7 weeks and fought really hard but unfortunately he passed away on 30th November aged 66. We are all devestated ?.

I cant believe how much life has changed in such a short space of time.

X

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I am so sorry to hear this news. I am not surprised that you are devastated.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I’m sorry to read your news @maz11 . My condolences on the loss of your dad. I’m not surprised you’re devastated.

You’ve got such a lot to come to terms with. We’ll be here for you as you look after your mum.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
talk about it doesnt rain but it pours. im so sorry to read of the loss of your dad and the decline in your mum. be kind to yourself

Last edited:

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
I'm sorry to read your update. What an awful few months you have had. Be kind to yourself.