Using the loo

Dragonfly1

Jan 1, 2020
Hi there,
Dad seems to be having problems aiming into the loo. So then poor Mum has a big job clearing up all the time after him. We have tried to encourage Dad to sit on the loo but sometimes he puts the lid down and goes to sit and wee in it instead. Any ideas anyone to help. Thanks in advance

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Consider getting a toilet frame to promote sitting.
Also consider removing the lid.
How about buying mum some of those cut down wellingtons in Wilko at the moment for Mother’s Day? If you must paddle in wee, much nicer to do it wearing them!
( I know how to treat a girl)!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
How about a brightly coloured ping pong ball in the bowl to aim at? I used this with my son when he was little.

Or a notice in big print on the inside of the lid saying Sit Down! or Pee Here! with an arrow pointing...

Having said all that, my mum just forgot the process of sitting down, whether on a chair, bed or loo and had to be supervised. She also didn't recongnise the toilet and would walk into the bathroom then come out and say the toilet wasn't there. So if your dad has reached that stage you're unlikely to find an 'easy' solution other than taking him there each time.

Dragonfly1

Jan 1, 2020
Consider getting a toilet frame to promote sitting.
Also consider removing the lid.
How about buying mum some of those cut down wellingtons in Wilko at the moment for Mother’s Day? If you must paddle in wee, much nicer to do it wearing them!
( I know how to treat a girl)!
Got a toilet frame and mum often goes with him. She says pull your pants down and sit on the loo and then tries to give him a bit of dignity by closing the door too. By then he’s forgotten sit down I think. Poor Dad and Mum. Thanks though x

Dragonfly1

Jan 1, 2020
By the way @Dragonfly1, I've just remembered that the Society have a Factsheet about the whole continence issue and I've puta link below. Just click the 2nd line if you would like to read and/or print it
? x
How about a brightly coloured ping pong ball in the bowl to aim at? I used this with my son when he was little.

Or a notice in big print on the inside of the lid saying Sit Down! or Pee Here! with an arrow pointing...

Having said all that, my mum just forgot the process of sitting down, whether on a chair, bed or loo and had to be supervised. She also didn't recongnise the toilet and would walk into the bathroom then come out and say the toilet wasn't there. So if your dad has reached that stage you're unlikely to find an 'easy' solution other than taking him there each time.
Can try the sign - will try anything. X