Using safety pendant

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I have bought one of these as I am hard of hearing and by using it in the house or within 400 metres of the house she can call for my help as I carry the receiver on my belt. It also works next door where I leave it when I am going out and neighbour will come in. However, my OH just wont wear it even though she has a history of falling, any tips to help please.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sorry, no advice for getting someone with dementia to wear or use a safety pendant or emergency button, but hope others here can help.

If you can't make that work, could a baby monitor help for when you are not in the room?

Peachez

Jun 19, 2016
South East England
Heard of someone's mum who wore one of these, but spent the night on the floor having fallen, as she 'didn't want to bother anyone'... How about CCTV in the house that you can check in on from a smart phone?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Heard of someone's mum who wore one of these, but spent the night on the floor having fallen, as she 'didn't want to bother anyone'... How about CCTV in the house that you can check in on from a smart phone?
It is really for when I am not at home and so next door can be alerted as this is when she is unsupervised so cctv not the answer I’m afraid, thanks anyway.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My husband had a pendant alarm but he had no idea what it was for. That didn't matter as he was never left alone but myself or the carer could call for help using it. If he had been on his own and had a fall he wouldn't have known what the pendant was for.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandynoyes