Useful suggestions?

RobK

Jul 31, 2003
Blackpool, Lancs
Can any one help solve this vicious circle?

My dad hides valuables so that they don't get stolen, but he can't remember hiding them or where, but he knows they get stolen because when he tries to find them they aren't where they should be.

He tells me that he can't always remember where they should go and it makes him so upset that his memory will no longer help him remember.

Has any one else had this experience and do you have any useful suggestions?

Angela

May 28, 2003
Wales
Hi
You say the items ARE actually getting stolen? Or is it that because dad cant find them he believes that they are?

My Mum hides her valuables in varying places too, but she will either leave herself a sensible clue in her diary as to where she has hiden them, or she will telephone me and tell me where she has put them, and we find the latter the most accurate!

RobK

Jul 31, 2003
Blackpool, Lancs
Misplaced

Nothing has been stolen as far as we can tell. We keep a record of when things go astray and when and where they're found. My Dad has such a poor memory that he wouldn't be able to do either of the two things your Mum manages to do, if only he were so organised.

Angela

May 28, 2003
Wales
What about you keeping the valuables and Dad having a notice of this? Say a note on the fridge!