Useful Dementia publications from University of Western Sydney, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
A booklet 'Information for carers, families and friends of people with severe dementia' has been produced by the University of Western Sydney. You can find the link to the booklet and more details on their website:

http://www.uws.edu.au/research/nforce/projects/2006

Just click on the link - Family Information Booklet.

Just a note, the booklet is really helpful, but some may find the booklet a little distressing, so please be sure to read the introduction, particularly:
Some information provided in this booklet may be distressing to you. Please take this booklet home with you to read, and talk over any issues you may have about dementia with your General Practitioner or other health professional. It may also help you to discuss any concerns you have with a close family member or friend.

Many thanks to Jo (zonkjonk) for posting the original link!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Some useful Dementia publications from Oz

Professor Chang and her team from the University of Western Sydney in Australia have produced some most useful publications.

If you go to this url:

http://uws.edu.au/fach/fach/projects2/projects_2006/_nocache [link updated]

you will see [with other things] this:

UWS.jpg

Select the poster and there is a good example of a path through dementia, related to MMSE scores.

UWS chart.jpg

Select the Family Information Booklet and you will see 44 pages of useful information.

UWS Family Information Booklet.jpg

I have contacted the Professor to ask permission to use her work and she has agreed, stipulating only that it is accessed using the link above, because that will always show the most up to date version.

Always remember that cases of dementia vary a lot between people, so the information - particularly in the poster - may not reflect your own experience.

I will eventually move this thread to Resources but I think it will reach more members here.

Status
Not open for further replies.