Us two and IT

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
After all the hubaloo on TV news recently about lock down rules and easing, the mention of more easing has caused a few problems. Pauline now believes we can just go shopping and asked to be taken to one of her favourite stores today. When I said she would need a listas it was a one way system and no going back on yourself she really got stroppy as she just wants to have a look round and see what she needs or fancies all made worse when I refused. Blame myself as well given that I used the eased own as a reason to get more walking done, some you just can’t win!

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
A long and wearying weekend to say the least. Extreme swings between perfect calm and foul tempered moods. The good times have been a laugh and even fun but when I returned from a garden visit to my daughter for just over an hour out of the home and I was public enemy umber one as “ she is always alone and I am never home.” Is there a worse long term illness? I’ve decided to ignore her protests and have ordered a push along wheelchair so I can take her out and she can walk when she wishes, use it as a walking aid if she wishes or just glower at it and swear.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
The push along wheel chair seems like a good idea and no doubt you will experience all of the reactions at various times.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
When Pauline was in hospital and her sons decided she should be in a sheltered flat, at their request I filled a form in for them to post. They told me it wasn’t sent as circumstances changed with lockdown and her coming home. Anyway, they must have sent the form offas I have been contacted by the letting manager. I explained what was what and that living alone even insheltered accomodation is no longer an option but, just joking I said it was a pity she wasnt in charge of ex council high rise flats very near where we live as, having had a look at them they would suit us being 2 bedroomed etc. Well it turned out it is same company and another for sent, filled in and returned and so hopefully we can at least view them and chose when and if we make such a move, which will be a big change but still local and together.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
That sounds an interesting development @Agzy . Its something to consider, even if you eventually decide against it.
It will be a massive decision as at present renting a 3 bed house from my daughter but with stairs etc if is getting problematic. I am nervous about it but Pauline is totally against even though it will make her life easier. Hey ho decisions,decisions, decisions ?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Pauline is totally against even though it will make her life easier.
Why does that not surprise me! People with dementia seem to hate any sort of change, even if it will make their life easier, or even if its something that they had previously said they wanted!

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Over the weekend Pauline developed a cough (Yep, nerves were jangling) and bringing up phlegm and so, on Monday afternoon I went through the faffing about of using Econsult system of ‘seeing’ a doctor and got phone back yesterday morning. As expected, anibiotics prescribed. While waiting for delivery got another call, this time from pharmacy, they couldn’t deliver so could I collect? Duly done and treatment started and hopefully will kick in quickly. As for ‘IT’ he is keeping his head down at the moment so much so that, while just sitting watching TV, she blurted out, “I don’t think I’ve got it.” No comment from me then ?

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Pleased to hear that the coughing is not covid19 related and hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly. Even better that IT is keeping its head down currently and you had a smile.
Have you had any more thoughts on the housing?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Pleased to hear that the coughing is not covid19 related and hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly. Even better that IT is keeping its head down currently and you had a smile.
Have you had any more thoughts on the housing?
As yet and waiting until we get and offer so we can at least view. At that time I will talk to my daughter who owns the house we rent from her to see if, now she is 60 and her husband not too well if she has plans for the house that we may be blocking. It would be a big change, a good one from Paulines health and well-being but not so for me and my walks plus convenience of bus stop and shops. A massive decision and must be given a lot of thought. X

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Make sure that anywhere you choose to move to suits you as well as Pauline. You will probably end up living in it for longer than Pauline does.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
A fair point @canary and already being considered but, as although quite fit I am no spring chicken and it might well suit me for a furure as yet unknown. One hing that might have helped this morning is having the toilet on the same level and quite near as Pauline only made the top of the stairs and not the bathroom so washing machine on yet again. She says it is the runs but it isn’t and in reality she leaves it late and says nothing and then cant hold it in but advice is never well received and I am in no mood for bad atmosphere day so still smiling. Hey ho, on with the day.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
The wheelchair arrived and soon up and ready to run. Had a really funny 10 minutes pushing her around the hall and lounge but weather against a proper outdoor run but hopefully will get out this morning before this afternoons forecast rain. As I haven’t had a decent walk this week I could do with taking her out in it and so get some excersise myself.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hope you managed to get a walk in and Pauline is accepting of the wheelchair. I had some lovely walks with mum pushing her along the prom, in the park and visits to garden centres.
xx

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Haha got it all ready and she said not feeling well enough so will suggest again it later. She does look out of sorts but nothing specific and probably tiredness as she hasnt dozed of this morning. Time will tell.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Well the first outing using wheelchair was a 50/50 experience. We started with her using it as a walking aid which was great except for the pavements being pretty damaged and uneven so some difficulty in maintaining straight line walking but ok. After about 100 yards she asked to be pushed and, to say the least, it was very bumpy as the wheels are hard rubber and no sort of suspension and, to be honest not the easiest thing to push along with 13 ston body sitting in it. Having said that it did the job and is easy to set up and then pack away in its bag that has wheels incorporated so even that can be pulled along if too heavy to carry.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
That was pretty much my experience with mum too. I got to learn the places that were smoother and didnt require so much effort to push. Do you have access to a car? Its much easier if you can pack the wheelchair in the boot and go off to somewhere that you know will be level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet