Us two and IT

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Chatting to our neighbour who works as a care assistant in dementia ward as she was asking after Pauline and she suggested I needed to get away and asked about plans so I explained that I would love to join two friends from my caravanning days at a meet in York to which she replied saying she would call in at least twice a day to see to meds and just check in. I didn’t want to impose as she has. Kiddies but she insists so I have booked the site and everything is crossed.
?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
While I was out with my son yesterday morning Paulines frustration with the total lack of contact by her sons got the better of her and she phoned all three but only one, her eldest, picked up. She was telling me this within minutes of me coming though the door and said that he was due in 10 minutes and then phoned him again to make sure. Just to be on the safe side and to allow them private time I went out again before he arrived. I was away an hour and he was still sitting there so was well. After he left she wasnt sure what they talked about (or didn't want me to know) but she was happy even though he made no mention of when he might call in again. It is such a shame that they rarely phone and rarely still for them to call in as it raises her up no end.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
As you said what a lovely neighbour you have. It is always good to have something to look forward to. I wish you an enjoyable break away.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
All is still relatively calm now that’s he heating is on and turned UP! Better to pay the bill than suffer the consequences. Given the great improvement in her mobility arising from what I believe is have time with just the two of us to get her walking and using the stairs and building her all round confidence and self esteem, her bed will be moved back upstairs tomorrow morning. Not only that but the redundant commode will be going back to NHS as it hasn’t been usd in anger for a week now and being upstairs takes her nearer to bathroom during the night. All in all I am feeling nervously positive about the near future while waiting for the next inevitable downturn.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Our days just seem to drift by and I get out and about as much as I can as boredom from the incessant chunner of the TV is driving me slowly insane. I put the electric fan on as the room is stifling bur she objects as it “causes a draught” but I have had to insist as I was just melting and too hot to sit out or go for my walks until evening time. The good thing is that there has not been any real meltdowns or temper tantrums even though through lack of sleep she is clearly exhausted. It still bewilders me how IT can be so irrational in bringing about mood swings and total demeanour, good and bad, can change so fast but have to say my patience is far better than it was.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Just after our evening meal on Friday, there was a knock on the door and, wonder of wonders Pauline’s second son and his wife were standing there and of course she was surprised and delighted, having a big smile on her face. After sitting on the couch her daughter in law asked how she was and I shall never for get their faces as she replied, whilst pointing a finger at a wall canvas on which are photos of all her sons, grandchildren and great grandchildren. “ See them , see how many there are, well not one of them ever phones me or visits me so how do you thin I feel?” I think I was a shocked as they were and seeing how awkward this could get I made my apologies and said it was time for my evening walk and off I went. They had gone when I returned and she hasn’t mentioned the visit since and I have had no messages from them or comments about ‘seeing mam’ on FaceBook. Daren’t ask her for details and maybe she will tell me in time but amazed at how deeply she has been hurt by the lack of contact by her family.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Do you think that she didnt recognise her family when they visited and thats why she said she never sees them, even though there was family sat there right in front of her?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm