Urinary issues and questionnaire.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Urinary issues and questionnaire.

UTI after UTI she has suffered over the years
Exaggerating dementia symptoms or at least it so appears.
A questionnaire we have here to be filled in by the hour
Although questions I was tasked to ask have left her rather dour.

A three day record must we keep of her urinary issues
Including leaks and unplanned weeps requiring wiping dry with tissues,
Those drips caught by pantie pads they are apparently quite separate
And must be ticked as dribbles along with their measured flow-rate.

How often in the night do you rise to go and pass some wee water?
What time was it? how much was it? not well the questions auger,
“I don’t know, I’ve no idea, why do they need to know
How often I have a wee or how fast my waters flow?”

“This is stupid, I’ll not tell if my knickers I may wee
If I can’t hold my water it is an issues just for me,”
So the litany continues and her complaints keep getting louder
Her answers can be summed up as, “they can take a bl**dy powder.”

My sympathies I give in advance, of her meeting with the continence nurse
At her GP surgery on Monday next, know for sure she’ll hear many a curse,
As she faces the tirade building up just like her bloated bladder
Any query or questions from this form - will make her even madder.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
They told C she needed to do some floor exercises. I told them she's in her 80s, she has arthritis and dementia. They didn't argue and supplied the pads she needed. Good luck on Monday, Agzy.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
They told C she needed to do some floor exercises. I told them she's in her 80s, she has arthritis and dementia. They didn't argue and supplied the pads she needed. Good luck on Monday, Agzy.
Going to need it @nae sporran as she has totally refused to cooperate with the form filling especially when asked to wee into a jug for measuring outflow!! The air was blue and of course she is blaming me but in the scheme of life I’m sure it is not critical but what GP wants may not be what GP gets.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Agzy
maybe try putting a container in the toilet pan so it catches liquid but your wife isn't aware of it
or clingfilm loosely in the toilet bowl, maybe a couple of layers
then transfer as much as you can to a measuring jug

does leave you with some cleaning up!

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
hi @Agzy
maybe try putting a container in the toilet pan so it catches liquid but your wife isn't aware of it
or clingfilm loosely in the toilet bowl, maybe a couple of layers
then transfer as much as you can to a measuring jug

does leave you with some cleaning up!
? personal insurance would refuse to pay out for damage she might inflict! I have just done the form without the fluid measure data and ticked every visit as having a leakage as she refused to tell me. To be honest the form is just not fit for anyone with dementia or memory issues but will see today at surgery, thank you

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
From what you have said I don’t think the form would be nice for anyone to complete. I know it’s the nurse/gp job , but a lot of ladies having had children never want to be asked about those sort of matters again!!

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
? personal insurance would refuse to pay out for damage she might inflict! I have just done the form without the fluid measure data and ticked every visit as having a leakage as she refused to tell me. To be honest the form is just not fit for anyone with dementia or memory issues but will see today at surgery, thank you
The nurses told me to make things up. This whole business really upset me. It would have been impossible and it is inhumane.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
From what you have said I don’t think the form would be nice for anyone to complete. I know it’s the nurse/gp job , but a lot of ladies having had children never want to be asked about those sort of matters again!!
good old pelvic floor muscles that you can even do at a bus stop waiting for a bus. dire consequences if you dont do them

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
After all that we got to the surgery to be told bladder/bowel unit closed down because of covid. Someone phoned they said but I certainly never got call but if on landline and I was out then Pauline answered………. Enough said :confused: