Urgh!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Helly68,

Just caught up. Good luck with that interview. Would your dad like a befriender preferably someone with the same interests in reptiles? Would his neighbours be able to look in?

Hugs

MaNaAk

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
@MaNaAk - thank you for that.
I am not sure if Daddy would accept a befriender. He never wanted "strangers" in his house. And with a house full of repitles and a psychopathic parrot, it would not be easy.
He had friends who shared his interests, but they have either died or faded away. He does have a cousin who visits. The neighbours do keep an eye and I am very grateful for this. The issues we have now are should he get a pacemaker (almost certainly yes, but he does not want it) and how do I get him to eat more. On his own I think he lacks motivation for meals. If i eat with him that may work, but I think he is coming to rely on me to a point that, once back at work, I would not be able to support. Decisions decisions......

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Thank you @MaNaAk and @jennifer1967 . No news on the job front yet. I do have other interviews so we will see.
Daddy seemed quite well at the weekend, so that was good. You are always waiting for the next call though......
Thank you for checking in, it means a great deal. I have had a lot of change in the last few years and I think it is taking me a while to adjust. Hope everyone has a good day.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good luck @Helly68. I am starting to fill better as well and I have a new wardrobe arriving on Thursday and a Victorian dog-nutcracker arriving as well so some of my belongings are being replaced and I can pack some of more clothes away. I was concerned, as was @jennifer1967, that the storage/removal will attempt to their insurance company that they tried to replace my wardrobe.

MaNaAk

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
@MaNaAk - I really felt for you over the storage debacle. The company behaved very badly in my view. I am glad you are moving on.
How are the torts doing? Daddy and I are thinking of doing some work on his pond.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Helly68,

I hope you have good weather for that. Of course we had a pond and Jacky ended up in it a couple of times. I have put them out today and all they've done is have a good soak but anyway they will be coming in soon. The other day I put them in the bathroom before going out and when I came back they were in the same position but there was mud on the bathroom scales again!

MaNaAk

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Well, if you are still looking at this thread, I didn't get the interview last week. Time to get feedback and then try and move on. More interviews - one tomorrow and one next week so time to put this one behind me and move on.
In other news, I can speak to my Dad's GP by phone, if I get up at sparrow-fart (as my Dad would say) tomorrow and battle with their phone appointment system. Hopefully then I can get a better idea of why the pacemaker is needed and possibly persuade my Dad to have one.
@MaNaAk - hoping the weather improves later this week so we may be able to tackle the pond.
What is it with Torts and bathroom scales? Perhaps the girsl are thinking of taking up a healthy lifestyle?

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Sorry you didn't get the job @Helly68 but hope you have success with one of the other interviews and that they are jobs you'd want more.
A talk to your dad's GP about the pros and cons of the the pacemaker seems a good idea.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Well, if you are still looking at this thread, I didn't get the interview last week. Time to get feedback and then try and move on. More interviews - one tomorrow and one next week so time to put this one behind me and move on.
In other news, I can speak to my Dad's GP by phone, if I get up at sparrow-fart (as my Dad would say) tomorrow and battle with their phone appointment system. Hopefully then I can get a better idea of why the pacemaker is needed and possibly persuade my Dad to have one.
@MaNaAk - hoping the weather improves later this week so we may be able to tackle the pond.
What is it with Torts and bathroom scales? Perhaps the girsl are thinking of taking up a healthy lifestyle?
im sorry about the job @Helly68 someone will be lucky to have you.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Back again for a bit of an update.
I have been offfered a Project Manager role (subject to references) and had another interview today, for a role that I want more (I can never be straightforward....) and am likely to hear about next week. So, hopefully I will have work, which is a relief.
My Dad has been a bit up and down so my sister and I are discussing getting carers, initially to go shopping with him (something he enjoys and wants to keep doing) and do a bit of cleaning, but probably more over time. Now all I have to so is convince him that this is a good idea.
Phone call with the GP next week about the Pacemaker........

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Back again for a bit of an update.
I have been offfered a Project Manager role (subject to references) and had another interview today, for a role that I want more (I can never be straightforward....) and am likely to hear about next week. So, hopefully I will have work, which is a relief.
My Dad has been a bit up and down so my sister and I are discussing getting carers, initially to go shopping with him (something he enjoys and wants to keep doing) and do a bit of cleaning, but probably more over time. Now all I have to so is convince him that this is a good idea.
Phone call with the GP next week about the Pacemaker........
well done @Helly68 so you will have a job one way or another. could you use a few love lies to get him to accept it especially as you will be working and not has available.

Gerona

Mar 25, 2020
I have total sympathy with your frustration as can see you are very caring.
My husband who is doing extremely well considering he was diagnosed nearl,y 3 years with Alzheimer’s and has other health issues and nearly 90. However, even though his life is full with travel plans, doting daughters, and myself catering to his every need….every day he asks what is happening today as if expecting more. It must be the condition, because it is not possible to have a fuller life than he does, but however hard I try he never seems content. It is frustrating, and depleting.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I have total sympathy with your frustration as can see you are very caring.
My husband who is doing extremely well considering he was diagnosed nearl,y 3 years with Alzheimer’s and has other health issues and nearly 90. However, even though his life is full with travel plans, doting daughters, and myself catering to his every need….every day he asks what is happening today as if expecting more. It must be the condition, because it is not possible to have a fuller life than he does, but however hard I try he never seems content. It is frustrating, and depleting.
my husband has had vascular dementia for 3 years. he asks if there is anything happening because he cant remember if i said something was happening and just wants me to confirm any plans. it might be that for your husband that he cant remember the plans for that day and simply wanting to check just in case.