Urgent medication question - Any help appreciated

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
Is it ok to take 20 mg Memantine in the morning after not taking it for about 4 days? The dose was gradually increased over a period of time to 20 mg but my husband ran out of medication - long story.

Thanks

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
Thank you. Have sent a message to NHS direct now, but don't know how long it will take. Any other help would be appreciated by anyone on here. I think it must be ok or the memory nurse would have said when I telephoned today for them but my husband just want some reassurance.

Thanks

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
I sent a message to NHS direct online but still waiting to hear!!!!!!!! I am not supporter anymore of that service because have already in the past had a difficult experience with them which took so long ended up ringing for an ambulance anyway that is why I didn't bother to ring them but thought would see if I would get a quicker response by emailing them but clearly not!! My husband took the tablet this morning anyway and all is well.

Reds

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Reds,

Can I suggest that you phone any local chemist shop and ask to speak to the chemist. They will tell you what to do and have a lot more information about the drugs than the GPs etc do.

Fiona

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
Thank you. It was just wanting to have reassurance last night so that my husband had more confidence about taking it this morning. Obviously there were not chemists open then. I had to speak to the chemist the other day and I did ask the hospital to authorise the chemist to give the tablets to us as my husband had run out so I would think they would have said not to take it if a problem. Its just he had started on 5mg then 10 then 15 and now 20 mg and wondered if it was not the best idea to take 20 mg after not taking it for 4 days.

Reds

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karen.geddes@thethinblack