Urgent advice please!!

SueShell

Sep 13, 2012
Orpington
Pace vs pals

Noorza, PACE is a team of people that come home after an AD patient has been admitted to hospital. Just a tick box exercise, solely for the benefit of the patient, not the carer. They supply any equipment that may be needed in the patient's home. Waste of time quite frankly. It seems it was the OT that decided Mum was fit enough to be discharged. I have now been warned from other carers about OTs excellent reputations in hospitals for removing patients from beds as quickly as possible!

PACE are coming again sometime tomorrow, hopefully when I'm not around so they won't be able to get in because they don't know Mums keysafe combination and my phone will be switched off.

As many of you have mentioned - Mums constant refusal of respite means that I will be having a break in September and if the worse should happen and she has another fall, the carer will find her on the floor and SS will have to deal, my phone will be switched off all day and I'll pick up messages as and when. I sound hard, but the last 24hours has been so horrific I will be playing by a different set of rules next time - mine!

2Jays, what is PALS?

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Noorza, PACE is a team of people that come home after an AD patient has been admitted to hospital. Just a tick box exercise, solely for the benefit of the patient, not the carer. They supply any equipment that may be needed in the patient's home. Waste of time quite frankly. It seems it was the OT that decided Mum was fit enough to be discharged. I have now been warned from other carers about OTs excellent reputations in hospitals for removing patients from beds as quickly as possible!

PACE are coming again sometime tomorrow, hopefully when I'm not around so they won't be able to get in because they don't know Mums keysafe combination and my phone will be switched off.

As many of you have mentioned - Mums constant refusal of respite means that I will be having a break in September and if the worse should happen and she has another fall, the carer will find her on the floor and SS will have to deal, my phone will be switched off all day and I'll pick up messages as and when. I sound hard, but the last 24hours has been so horrific I will be playing by a different set of rules next time - mine!

2Jays, what is PALS?

I don't know what they call PACE here but we have OT and social workers in to work out what she needs to stay in her own home. That's the game, keep them at home as long as possible and don't worry about carers crashing.

You are not hard, you are exhausted and who can blame you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba