Update.....

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Well its been 4 weeks since we started that anti depressant mirtzapine on 7.5 mg then 15mg. Its been a difficult time but things have calmed down. With the magical pill lorazapam and phengnan life has not been too bad. O/H is wandering off in day time but nothing I cannot cope with. Anyway last week doctor said to start cutting the lorazapam from 3 tablets to 2, so cut morning one out. Definately can notice he is more anxious without it but we shall continue till next week then maybe cut another one. Doctor at memory clinic said his mirtzapine must be increased to 30 mg which I started last night. He is very cautious off me this morning like he was 3 weeks ago but not as bad, worried what is in store for the next few day. Having to take more time off as care plan from social is still not in place and with all these medication changes it like starting all over again. Roll on christmas please let it be peaceful and calm for everyone..........

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks for the update Keegan. I hope things go well with the changes in meds and it's not too stressful for you. Wishing you a peaceful festive season.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My husband was prescribed Mirtazapine Keegan. It was no panacea but did help. he still wandered but perhaps not as far.

I hope your Christmas is as calm and peaceful as can be.

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
I want to go back to work. In my heart I don't think he will take to day care centre (which is what is being planned). Care workers coming in again he wont like. Cannot leave him home alone. Just don't know what to do........He hardly talks never asks for anything just wants to go home and reassuring he can stay with us......which we all want.