update

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Not posted for a while.

Mum still has ongoing diarrhoea. I'm sure I read somewhere (not sure if it was here) that eventually your brain doesn't tell your stomach to digest food and so causes diarrhoea. Has anybody heard of this?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Haven't heard of it, taylorcat, but it makes sense. John is also suffering recurring bouts, but I put it down to flare-ups of the virus he had last year, I was warned it might be chronic.

But who knows?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I haven`t heard of it taylorcat, but can appreciate the strain you must be under.

All I heard was as different areas of the brain become affected, organs stop functioning properly. It`s logical but I couldn`t say how true it is.

Take care, it`s nice to hear from you.

Love xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I have never heard of it ether , silly question but am wondering if doctor given your mother medication to stop it seeing that its been going on for so long , as I thought having a lot of diarrhea would cause dehydration

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Mum is on immodium, most days because she has diarrhoea most days. I'm just trying to work out why it's not going away.

The hospital don't seem too concerned but then it's not the hospital who are having to deal with it long term.