Update

penga

Jun 4, 2012
Hi all

After viral chest infection, massive allergic reaction (weeping red blisters all over),
burst leg ulcers and then all manner of antibiotics administered by the district nurses, MIL is a lot better, physically and certainly more alert mentally, still sleeping for the world record, but if asked a question gives a lucid reply, so the wait continues.

MIL still in denial, wanted to take MIL to Olympic Torch relays, and an event if tickets available???

Take care

C

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Pleased to hear that MIL is out of pain, but certainly doesn't sound in a fit state to be taken anywhere, let alone an Olympic event.

It's amazing isn't it that FIL should think this to be possible?

penga

Jun 4, 2012
Sorry spelling problems today, it is SIL (who is main carer) who is in denial. Fil died 14 years ago and MIL has very limited recollection of recent events, remembers her parents and siblings (all long deceased) with clarity, she knows all of us but that is only because we see her most days.

Regards

C

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Dear Penga,

I am a carer and the world champ when it comes to denial. I constantly amaze myself at my ability to turn the page/corner. The social workers were concerned about me. Me???? So, I can suddenly understand how those with dementia or those who don't want to accept the writing on the wall can slide into denial.

As a professional at denial, (I am so convincing that I totally believe what I tell myself), I can see the attraction in attending an Olympic event. It sounds like fun. It sounds like life as many of us would like to live. It sounds like escapism. Sometimes a bit of escapism helps, and perhaps better than medically induced 'coping'?

Wishing you well. Allergies are awful - I have them, and this I won't attempt to deny!
Hope all heals up real fast, and in the meantime, most of us can enjoy Olympic events comfortably in front of the telly. Hugs, BE