Update

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Hi dear friends,
I haven't been here in awhile. I have had alot to deal with and think I need some time to decompress. Some of you know that we put my Mom in a NH ( locked down dimentia unit) the first week in July. It took several weeks but she has adjusted and thinks of it as home now. For weeks, I just wanted to take her home with me but knew I couldn't care for her. The nurses and other staff are wonderful and I know she is in a good place. I also know there will never be an ideal situation and that she this has been the best solution for her and us.
Since going into the home she has been eatting well, is clean and continent up to three weeks ago.
Now, however, she has become incontinent and we are seeing a decline. We had hospice assess her and they told us she really wasn't bad enough in her alzheiemers for them to accept her but that her prealbumin level was so low they would take her on "failure to thrive". I talked to the head nurse about this and found out that she is not absorbing nutrition and her level should be 22 and that 11 was very serious. I then asked her if we needed to prepare ourselves for the worse to happen in the next very few months, and she said yes.
So, in a way, it is a gift that we know that we are on the last lef of this journey. Each visit is precious and tresured. I just hope and pray that she doesn't suffer and will stay content and as happy as is possible. And I pray that she won't be alone in the end and we can be there fore her.
I have run the whole spectrum of emotions. I have given her over to God and will be happy when she is finally whole and herself in heaven. Sometimes, that is where health is, not here.
I will keep you posted as things change.
Love , Debbie

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hello debbie,

just to let you know that you'll be in my prayers, and will be thinking of you,
i hope your mum will not have to suffer in any way and that you get your wish to be there
stay strong, take care xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Thanks for sharing I was wondering where you had got to. Sorry to read about your mother decline shall keep you in my prayers Big Positive (((Hug))) flying over to you xx

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Thank you everyone for you caring and well wishes. I feel so fortunate to have so many dear friends here that understand so completely.
Much love,
Debbie

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breazkrissy