1. rummy

rummy Registered User

Jul 15, 2005
    Oklahoma,USA
    Hi dear friends,
    I haven't been here in awhile. I have had alot to deal with and think I need some time to decompress. Some of you know that we put my Mom in a NH ( locked down dimentia unit) the first week in July. It took several weeks but she has adjusted and thinks of it as home now. For weeks, I just wanted to take her home with me but knew I couldn't care for her. The nurses and other staff are wonderful and I know she is in a good place. I also know there will never be an ideal situation and that she this has been the best solution for her and us.
    Since going into the home she has been eatting well, is clean and continent up to three weeks ago.
    Now, however, she has become incontinent and we are seeing a decline. We had hospice assess her and they told us she really wasn't bad enough in her alzheiemers for them to accept her but that her prealbumin level was so low they would take her on "failure to thrive". I talked to the head nurse about this and found out that she is not absorbing nutrition and her level should be 22 and that 11 was very serious. I then asked her if we needed to prepare ourselves for the worse to happen in the next very few months, and she said yes.
    So, in a way, it is a gift that we know that we are on the last lef of this journey. Each visit is precious and tresured. I just hope and pray that she doesn't suffer and will stay content and as happy as is possible. And I pray that she won't be alone in the end and we can be there fore her.
    I have run the whole spectrum of emotions. I have given her over to God and will be happy when she is finally whole and herself in heaven. Sometimes, that is where health is, not here.
    I will keep you posted as things change.
    Love , Debbie

2. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    hello debbie,

just to let you know that you'll be in my prayers, and will be thinking of you,
    i hope your mum will not have to suffer in any way and that you get your wish to be there
    stay strong, take care xx

3. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Thanks for sharing I was wondering where you had got to. Sorry to read about your mother decline shall keep you in my prayers Big Positive (((Hug))) flying over to you xx

4. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Just sending my love Debbie.
    Thinking of you.
    Helen

5. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Hi Debbie, thanks for taking the time to bring us up to date. Look after yourself.

6. May

May Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    Hi Debbie
    Sending hugs to you and yours.
    Keeping you in my prayers

7. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Caring thoughts and big hugs winging their way to you from Oz!
    Nell

8. daughter

daughter Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    Thinking of you Debbie. x

9. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Hi Debbie
    Just sending you my love and hugs
    Take care
    lovexx

10. rummy

rummy Registered User

Jul 15, 2005
    Oklahoma,USA
    Thank you everyone for you caring and well wishes. I feel so fortunate to have so many dear friends here that understand so completely.
    Much love,
    Debbie