update

boomer

Nov 21, 2005
peak district england
well this week has seen me with many ups and even more downs.....some glimmer of light has appeared today in that my sister has finally visited dad in the respite home.....i had to take a few days off from all the phone calls ect ..it was grinding me down and wasnt functioning for my own family

my sister has said that he has deteriorated an awful lot over the 2 weeks he has been in care ...but ...and i am leaning this way too now,i feel he is in the best place.
mum has been visiting him the last three days and the home is starting to see our(me and my 2 sisters')point of view regards my mum......she has been on the offensive,changes stories to suit and been pretty unrliable........the social care worker,too is starting to listen to us.and the gp is fully supportive of how our mum is and spoke to my sister at length today which i think gave her the momentum to visit him.i was going to visit this weekend but i have my 2 youngest ill with a nasty tummy bug so dont think it would be fair to add that to mum and dads problems..will perhaps try for the next weekend.....

it seems things are settling somewhat..for now anyway.....
and i feel a little less stressed and useless

it is also bringing the three sisters closer as this has not been the case in the past so can even see some good coming out of it all

......anne x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Thanks Anne for bringing us up to date.
So glad that this week has turned out a little more positive. Look after yourself, Connie :)

boomer

Nov 21, 2005
peak district england
thanks connie

i dont think things will ever be the same...and perhaps they shouldnt be......i feel it is human nature to rebel about change even though change is ,in my opinion a good thing...just some people are better equiped than others at coping/dealing with changes .....i am a lot more settled and prepared for what may come..anne x

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Anne, it is good to hear that at last folk are listening and you are now all pulling together more. Hope your little ones will soon be better, take care of yourself for the sake of your own and your families sake wont you please. Love She. XX

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew 132